Post your random dashcam videos thread

Does the day end in 'y'? If so, the Maryland drivers are actin up:

You can't tell I was annoyed with this driver.

Driving a vehicle with a company name on the side has its downsides. I so wanted to cut off the driver as he didn't have a lot of space in front of him until that asshole that pushed his way in.

Me, looking at this thread: "I should use my teslacam-button more..."

... then again, getting the clips off the damn usb drive in the car is so much work (i have to take the ssd inside for gods sake!) and I'd probably have to remove all the number plates and shit (any Germans know for sure?).

German law is really annoying as just filming and saving everything (as opposed to only saving accident-related proof videos) is illegal. Not to speak of posting it to the Internet.
Blurring the licence plates - and faces - is the least one should do here to minimize the legal risk. And leave it unlisted on YouTube so people don't just stumble upon it there.
The hassle involved is the reason I still haven't begun on last year's roadtrip videos...

Yeah... that's what was sort of at the back of my mind. You're only allowed to film "anlassbezogen" (if there's a particular reason) or whatever, right? So for example if you had a dashcam that got triggered by an accident-sensor going off, that'd be legal somehow. But, as an example, me using the horn to avoid an accident (which, funnily enough would save a teslacam clip), that would not be "anlassbezogen", because for some reason it's me deciding to do it rather than some automated system... bah.

In any case, there's such a flood of dashcam (or, in my corner of the internet: barcam) videos from German users on youtube and twitter, many even without blurred plates/faces, this all seems like a theoretical excercise... and nobody actually cares too much (that is: until you film the wrong person). "Wo kein Kläger, da kein Richter" seems to very much apply here (which, again, in any particular case, might not be worth much).

edit: seems filming in traffic is always illegal from a privacy perspective (regardless of reason), as you can't inform the people you've filmed (i.e. whose privacy is affected) that you did so (which is a requirement when wanting to use the footage for anything). this, however, is considered "less important" than the use of the material in clearing up a crash situation or something... so dashcam footage (the acquiring of which is always illegal) is considered admissible evidence in court. which somehow seems dumb as crap, as the recommendation seems to be: "don't use a dashcam. unless you're in a crash, then you better have a dashcam".

Last edited:

Lady was dancing in her seat as she drove by staring at me. Inches from my rear due to slow car in the left lane

This is more audio related but basically I was working at one of the Big 3 auto makers and well, they don't like cars that try and show up that's not their brand. I was on a call with the sales rep I was working with who is the one talking to the security guards.

Meanwhile at VW fucking Autostadt.

1628042008658.png

I dunno about those points but the trucks being everywhere just seems like a nightmare, at 3:15 there are trucks in 3 of the 4 lanes, that's something I can never find acceptable. Edit: same in the thumbnail, just doesn't make sense.

Good podcast choice though!

Last edited:
I dunno about those points but the trucks being everywhere just seems like a nightmare, at 3:15 there are trucks in 3 of the 4 lanes, that's something I can never find acceptable. Edit: same in the thumbnail, just doesn't make sense.

I was driving on I-294 (which in this area is a combination of I-I80, and I-94 as well) and being on the edge of Chicago means there's a ton of truck traffic around here. Its honestly more than cars most days. Plus, since this is the transit highway around Lake Michigan you're getting freight from Toronto and all other major cities as for some reason Chicago was determined in the 1800s as the "halfway point" of the US. Which is why all trains lead in/out of Chicago from other parts of the country. Since then all matters of freight set up freight terminals here.

1631282299930.png

I was driving on I-294 (which in this area is a combination of I-I80, and I-94 as well) and being on the edge of Chicago means there's a ton of truck traffic around here. Its honestly more than cars most days. Plus, since this is the transit highway around Lake Michigan you're getting freight from Toronto and all other major cities as for some reason Chicago was determined in the 1800s as the "halfway point" of the US. Which is why all trains lead in/out of Chicago from other parts of the country. Since then all matters of freight set up freight terminals here.

View attachment 3562485

Chicago is in a position to get freight on/off of lake Michigan.

I've driven through there a few times, it's a free for all.
This is also the area that if you’re hungry, need fuel, need to pee, go for at least 5 miles to the next exit. If it’s dusk or evening? Forget it. There’s fast food places where the cashiers are behind bulletproof plexiglass.

This is also the area that if you’re hungry, need fuel, need to pee, go for at least 5 miles to the next exit. If it’s dusk or evening? Forget it. There’s fast food places where the cashiers are behind bulletproof plexiglass.

Been in parts of Houston like that.

If they would get the damn orders right, they wouldn't need all of that! ?

Saved my dashcam video for some weird multicolored VW that looked like a parts bin car, only to get a secondary extra special surprise

Saved my dashcam video for some weird multicolored VW that looked like a parts bin car, only to get a secondary extra special surprise
Did someone give his Golf the Harlekin treatment? You didn't get the Polo on your side of the pond, didn't you?

Did someone give his Golf the Harlekin treatment? You didn't get the Polo on your side of the pond, didn't you?
We did not. Golf is the smallest ever sold. We’ve had the rabbit version as well. In a world where the Fiat 500 is considered super small, the Polo wouldn’t have a chance.