• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Post Your Start Menu

Overheat

Forum Addict
If, like me, you like Windows XP's nifty Start Menu that gives you a list of your most popular programs then you might find this thread interesting. If not, then perhaps not.

Here's my Start Menu for 19th October 2004 (You see what I'm trying to do here?):

startmenu.2004.10.19.jpg

If you right-click on the taskbar and go to Properties, you can customise the Start Menu using the Start Menu tab and going to Customise. From there you can choose how many programs you want in your Start Menu list.

Well, I'm not like you, but here is my start bar:
Start.jpg

I absolutely can't stand any of the automated features in Windows, so I use the classic start bar. I like things to be very clean and minimalist, hence having less than a dozen items in my start bar. The personalized menus and "most recent" features in XP drive me insane - I'd rather have my computer stick to the data processing and let me do the thinking. :p

Zenon = Jonathan :D

Nice name! My name is Henrik ...

haz

I hate clutter too, all mine is organised into various folders, same with my desktop.

I don't bother with a desktop at all, as you may have noticed in the 'Post Your Desktop' thread - just use the Start Menu :)

^ Nice! The desktop and the start bar are great. :)

I turned off recently used programs and just right-click on shortcuts in my Programs lists and select "Pin to Start menu". :)

start_menu.png

OT, but: In total there are 16 users online :: 13 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests right now :) That's great!

I think this forum will boost even more with some new users as the new seasons are coming up. I've seen quite a few new "noobs" here ... :)

haz

^ Damn Viper, that is a lot of stuff! :shock: That's pretty much the opposite of Raider's and my start bars. :p

haz said:
Zenon = Jonathan :D

Nice name! My name is Henrik ...

Mine is Oliver! :wink:

Btw, another very active user here is also named Jonathan...

cya
Oli

zenon said:
^ Damn Viper, that is a lot of stuff! :shock: That's pretty much the opposite of Raider's and my start bars. :p
Well I have nothing on my desktop and I dislike having to go through my program sub-menus to find stuff. Plus, I always forget to clean up my Start menu of games I don't play much anymore.

But I'm running 1600x1200, so it's all good. :)

'Cause I don't want it ordered that way and 'cause I use like Outlook a lot and stuff, but I don't want it showing up in my Start menu.