Post Your Watches

JQ7RB4s.jpg

My 1990 Swatch SCN102 Silver Star arrived today. The dealer stamp on the papers says it was sold new 9.12.1992 from a store in Meckenheim, Germany, which is basically a stone's throw from Alternahr and the Ringmeet Campsite. It's not quite next door, but close :cool:

CezkHC8WIAA7zMX.jpg:large

Here's my latest love affair. 2? Seiko.

26290327355_a3d54c3679_c.jpg

Seiko 7A38-702A, world first and still the best mechanical quartz chronograph, with 15 jewel mechanical side of movement and every chrono hand has their own small stepper motor . With 7A movements Seiko wanted to show Swiss watch makers once again how things are supposed to be done. These watches ended in Aliens and even James Bond wore one.
I slowly fell in love with them after school mate show'd me he's 7A28 RAF watch, before that I did not even know such things existed and disliked quartz's like they were infected by zombie bite. Got more and more interested and searched more and more about the watches. Then watch fever got better of me and I half blindly pulled trigger on all black 7A38 that was 200? piece of crap and got sent to back to eBay seller asap (you can see it on back ground of the pic).

So I was visiting neighbor class room when I was offered plastic bag of quartz watches and saw this watch through it.

Instant win, freebie 7A38!

Opened the watch and found some battery leak damage, cleaned what I could and installed new battery (it was 1?).
26105795411_3604412a23_c.jpg

Also cleaned it a bit.
25899284950_eabfa4f172_c.jpg

With all said and done, only chronograph's 1/10s and minute hands worked, center second hand just tried to move, watch was dead. Left it on top of the shelf and week later realized that, badabim badabum, watch had started to work. So I got exited and left chronograph running over night and today morning I was greeted with working center second hand.
Still wrong bracelet (1? for spring bars), search for right one is on, it has 10mm lug width so cant just buy something for time being.

Last edited:
Anyone got an idea what kind of Omega this is?

A close friend offered it to me because of his deceased granddad. We both have no clue ...

It might be an early Seamaster...

Last edited:
Sorry, no piccie before I'll get my hands on it again or he sends me one ...

Seamaster seems quite expensive, too expensive for this I think?

You'd probably need to open the watch and get the number engraved inside the caseback for the specific information. There are people who might be able to ID it on looks alone, but I don't know enough of Omega to do that here. What I can say is that, assuming the dial is still original that watch is in exceptionally nice condition for the age.

As for value, it's probably not going to be huge. Several hundred dollars, potentially more if its a rarer variant. Back when this was made Omega wasn't the same luxury company they are today. They were well made and good quality, certainly, but not like today.

If you get pictures of the movement, there is caliber number in it that tell's more about it. If the case back is opened by turning you can use kid's sticky plastic ball to open it. If it is snap off you can use bit dull knife to open it, there is small lip in the cover. Just put minigrip plastic between it and pry it open gently but firmly. Lastsoul has similar Omega.

"access denied"

looks like the decision was made for you :p

It's a 200M Bulova Marine Star. It doesn't appear on the Bulova website from what I can see, but it is sitting in my local Costco.

For $140 I won't be finding self winding watches.

And Citizen! And Orient! And even Invicta, which uses good Japanese movements in its cheaper mechanical watches.

Last edited:
Oh, a Baby Tuna would be ideal. Orient has some nice stuff too. I don't know jack about Invicta.

Last edited:
Just know with Invicta, you're getting a watch worth the little bit you pay for it, not that absurd made up retail price they have associated with them. They're one of those things that are always on sale for 70-90% off. As long as you keep that in mind they're perfectly fine for what they are.

RE: The Bulova Marine Star, they're good watches. The model is several years old and since discontinued, which is why it's available at such a discount and not on Bulovas website. No warranty from Bulova being that it's coming from Costco, but they have their own return policy which is more than adequate.

I really wasn't interested in Invicta to begin with. I've been pretty happy with my Bulova watches, I have three that I enjoy - including a very nice Precisionist Kiki bought me. I've had my eye on the Seiko Baby Tuna for a while too, but that won't happen any time soon.

Kiki doesn't like the look of the blue on the Bulova, but I rather like the splash of color.

On a side note, the strap keeper broke on my Wegner Swiss Army today. It's a shame, the band is actually really nice thick leather, but the keeper was the thinnest split-hide junk I've seen. Even my Timex keeper is better made despite being a crappier strap. After payday maybe I will treat myself to a new one from Crown & Buckle; or maybe I just throw on a NATO and see how it looks.

Edit:

I need a new band for this (22 mm)

xN3fGeTh.jpg

I was thinking about this one: http://www.crownandbuckle.com/rallye-22mm-black.html

Last edited: