Post Your Watches

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Your Speedy Penis membership card will be arriving in the mail shortly.

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3
Tried a couple of 18mm straps; the gaps look much less egregious when not zoomed in with a macro lens. The brown one is kind of reddish in daylight.

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
For acrylic crystals it works beautifully.

For a mineral glass crystal it won't do anything, you need a diamond abrasive and some elbow grease for that.

warden

Car(s)
2016 Hilux Diesel Dual Cab, BMW R1200GS Adventure
I'd like the deployment band and NATO strap for my Planet Ocean. But yet to find something I truly like.

Redliner

Forum Addict
DONOR
I bought a G-Shock.
Yes, hardly news. And it's the most common model. Sorry.

I was decided to buy the all-black version, with a negative display, but seeing it in person made it look...bland.

I eventually found out there is an all-black version with more visible writing (and slightly larger case), which is probably the best compromise between stealth and a bit of color, but sadly it's not available here.

Oh well, they're not expensive, so I can eventually gamble and buy one on Amazon and have 2. :D

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
question for the pro's:
my tissot is getting realy dirty. all black gunk in the links of the band, the tachymeter doesn't move anymore at all, ...
i have an ultrasonic cleaner...can i dump my watch in there?

or will the vibration wreck havoc on the mechanism, or because of the vibration, not be waterproof?

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
question for the pro's:
my tissot is getting realy dirty. all black gunk in the links of the band, the tachymeter doesn't move anymore at all, ...
i have an ultrasonic cleaner...can i dump my watch in there?

or will the vibration wreck havoc on the mechanism, or because of the vibration, not be waterproof?
Bad idea. The movement needs to be removed from the case before going into an ultrasonic. You could pull the bracelet off and wash that alone no problem of course, but don't put the complete head of the watch in there.

Redliner

Forum Addict
DONOR

Not sure if it was posted before, but anyway.

Not my style of watch, but very interesting nonetheless.

(Yes, I am yet again obsessing about watches, after some time away from it. HELP)

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
That's why, in 2002, I bought a Breitling. :tease:

Then thanks to Top Gear a whole bunch of squash-playing, Audi-driving Gavins* bought them and ruined it for me. :shakefist:

*Gavin (noun) middle-management tosser, easily identified by bluetooth cellphone earpiece, striped shirt with contrasting white collars and cuffs and the characteristic mating calls of "blue-sky thinking" and "run it up the flagpole".