Post Your Watches

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
"Epson VS42A" movement, way to go out of your way to avoid saying Seiko.
🤓 Ack-chu-lee....

Seiko and Epson divisions are completely separately managed, and technically Seiko Watch buys their movements from Seiko Epson. Their whole organizational structure is a giant maze, especially one you start throwing in Hattori as well.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
There is nothing wrong with that watch, but also I don't see why buy that instead of a Seiko for probably less money.
"MADE IN THE USA" tax?
Triple Aught makes stuff for silicon valley hipsters with too much money, everything they sell you can buy from 5.11 for less than half the price. My friend works at a big tech company (like backbone of the internet "big") and he loves them. Check out the prices of some of their stuff; his thing is that he knows it's all made "down the road" with California workers, so he's willing to pay the price for it.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
OK, I am miffed.

I've had a Casio Edifice since 2009 and somewhere around 2012 the metal band broke. I couldn't find a replacement or anyone willing to fix it. Contacting the local Casio customer service was underwhelming and after months of silence they quoted me something like 200USD, which was nearly double what I paid for the entire watch.
I put a canvas strap on it and it is still working flawlessly until today, but it always bugged me that I couldn't bring it back to OEM spec. Googling for the part never got me anywhere until today I found the actual part number!
Yay, right? Actually, no. The places that have it in stock ask between 120 and 150 dollars...more than a brand-new watch. WHAT THE FUCK?

Last edited:

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
My speculation: they produce a fixed number of watches and bracelets to bring down the costs.

When a replacement part is needed, a new batch needs to be produced in order to accommodate the need. People don't buy bracelets in anywhere close to the frequency as they do watches, so while it may cost them the same money to make them, they're sitting on inventory that may never be depleted.

It affects all brands. Need a replacement stainless Rolex oyster bracelet? That may run you $3k or more new.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
My speculation: they produce a fixed number of watches and bracelets to bring down the costs.

When a replacement part is needed, a new batch needs to be produced in order to accommodate the need. People don't buy bracelets in anywhere close to the frequency as they do watches, so while it may cost them the same money to make them, they're sitting on inventory that may never be depleted.

It affects all brands. Need a replacement stainless Rolex oyster bracelet? That may run you $3k or more new.
Yeah, makes sense...
I found a place that has it for 40 Euros. Not sure it is worth it for such a pedestrian watch, but I'd like to have it back to spec.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
I love those Seikos and the Omega. All of those are on my "I Have Fuck-You Money" list.