Post Your Watches

Ok, I won the Mir. :D And for the princely sum of...$45, shipped, from some guy's FOR YOU MY FRIEND SPECIAL PRICE basement in Poland.

Which means that I'm going to be selling my Orient:
fgw0100aw-stock.jpg

The Chief, MSRP is $185. Comes with box, documentation, manual, and original strap. I'm gonna get rid of it for what I paid for it, $100 shipped. Brand new, only worn once for a job interview that I got, so it may grand you the same luck.

PM me for details!

Last edited:
Ok, I won the Mir. :D And for the princely sum of...$45, shipped, from some guy's FOR YOU MY FRIEND SPECIAL PRICE basement in Poland.

Hope you've got some extra cash laying around for a proper service. The surprisingly nice and big and clear pictures of the watch you bought show me quite clearly the jewels are very dirty, which tells me the movement either wasn't cleaned, or wasn't cleaned properly. That also means it probably wasn't lubricated properly. Both of those things mean it needs a proper service. I'd be quite surprised if it ran consistently.

I finally found the fucking watch I wanted!
casio-edifice-ef-521bk-1av-nou-original-db2c2.jpg

Now I just need to shorten the strap...or maybe replace it with a zulu strap.

Congrats! I've always liked those. I bought one for my cousin.

I recently got this for my birthday. A Fossil FS-4312. It is a bit on the heavy side but I love this watch. The one that I have is in a dark brown color.

fs4312-arkitekt-series-mens-watch.jpg

I ordered one of those calculator watches on amazon along with...

i used to have one of those as a kid, was very usefull as it could hold phone numbers as well
kind of lost function with everyone having a cellphone now...

imag0036ag.jpg
imag0034we.jpg

A gift, a thoughtful one too :cool:

Nice!
Also, as juvenile as those are, I still want a G-Shock.

Very nice!
Precisely the type of watch I like. :thumbsup:

Picked a nice semi formal watch on behalf of my parents as a birthday present:

]

I was looking at one of those with a metal strap. The sticky out buttons put me off as I'd probably catch them on something.

I was looking at one of those with a metal strap. The sticky out buttons put me off as I'd probably catch them on something.

they are in the fold of your wrist, i've never had those catch on something!
i do have a small callus spot from the central button rubbing on top of my hand though...

If i needed to wear it every day i would definately buy a metal strap and change it.

Went up to my professor today about a question, saw that he had on a A. Lange und Soehne Lange 1 Moonphase in rose gold. When I asked about it he said he was also a horology fan and asked if I would like to see it. Unnnnnfffffff. Seriously almost came when he handed it over, absolutely the most stunning watch I've ever held or seen. The detail and finish is superlative, with a good weight and stunning quality. Apparently he has quite a collection as he mentioned a PP Calatrava, Omega Speedmaster Pro and some vintage Rolex Daytonas. I'm going to need to get myself invited over to his place one day to see it in person.

Went up to my professor today about a question, saw that he had on a A. Lange und Soehne Lange 1 Moonphase in rose gold. When I asked about it he said he was also a horology fan and asked if I would like to see it. Unnnnnfffffff. Seriously almost came when he handed it over, absolutely the most stunning watch I've ever held or seen. The detail and finish is superlative, with a good weight and stunning quality. Apparently he has quite a collection as he mentioned a PP Calatrava, Omega Speedmaster Pro and some vintage Rolex Daytonas. I'm going to need to get myself invited over to his place one day to see it in person.

Nice!
Love those!

Nice!
Love those!

You skip over a Patek for a Speedmaster? Silly.

I've got a 220+ page hardbound Patek catalog that makes for a fantastic way to waste 30 minutes at a time.

You skip over a Patek for a Speedmaster? Silly.

I've got a 220+ page hardbound Patek catalog that makes for a fantastic way to waste 30 minutes at a time.

I prefer this
omega-speedmaster-moon-watch-professional-jfk.jpg

over this

Patek-Philippe-Calatrava.jpg

Because I know next to nothing about watches. I can judge them only on a "like it/don?t like it" basis.
I heard people talking about Patek Philippe as if it was a gift from Chronos himself, but I admit I can?t tell it from a Seiko.
Please enlighten me (honestly, not being sarcastic).

How have I missed this thread for so long? I love watches, can't leave the house without one or I'll be annoyed for the rest of the day.

Here are the watches I have at the moment, both are Festinas:

DSC_0876.jpg

DSC_0877.jpg

Because I know next to nothing about watches. I can judge them only on a "like it/don?t like it" basis.
I heard people talking about Patek Philippe as if it was a gift from Chronos himself, but I admit I can?t tell it from a Seiko.
Please enlighten me (honestly, not being sarcastic).

Well, on a practical front that Omega is better than than Patek I'd say. I like a nice chronograph and don't care so much for the 24 hour subdials so I'll agree with you there. As for looks, that's a personal thing, no sense trying to argue with personal taste. If you like it or don't that's your opinion and you're quite fine to have it.

Now, the reasoning behind those super high end watches? I like to compare watches to cars, it works fantastically well to parallel the two. Both are precision mechanical devices that take lots of skill to make and do require occasional maintenance to keep them running. You have variances in the market ranging from something like a crappy little Kia, a Chinese knockoff watch would fit here, up to a nice upper mid range quality car such as a C or E class Merc, I'll put Omega in this range for the most part, kick it up a notch into the S class and AMG Mercs and you've got Rolex. You can go higher, something like a Ferrari or Lamborghini, maybe Aston, more hand crafted, refined and high performance cars would equate to something like a Blancpain or Ulysse Nardin or maybe Jaeger Le Coultre. You can go higher still to say something like a Bugatti, completely bonkers and a marvel of engineering, here you step into a class with Patek, Vacheron Constantin, A. Lange & S?hne, Phillipe Dufour and the like. You don't necessarily get practicality here, but everything is basically hand made from the best materials, hand finished to the highest degree, and the epitome of micromechanical engineering. Here you get tourbillions, repeaters, true perpetual calendars, astral calendars and all kinds of things that almost nobody really needs but are still made in the name of making these things. Fitting all that in a wristwatch, being purely mechanical, made by hand, and finished to such a beautiful degree is more than just engineering and art. It's really a world class demonstration of skill.

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2011/09/17/50700.jpg

Last edited: