Post Your Watches

So, my Casio apparently changes the day around 2AM.
Also, it doesn?t know September only has 30 days. WTF? Wasn?t it supposed to "know" this?

I forget, is it analog? If so, date wheels are dumb like that.

Yes, it is.
http://www.prosportwatches.com/180-255-thickbox/casio-edifice-ef521bk-1a.jpg

But why can my brother?s Citizen show, using the second?s hand, show what month it is using as a reference?

Is your brother's Citizen a chronograph? I used to have one where each hand had its own servo motor so that the onboard electronics could control each one independently. You could tell because the minute hand moved in 1/3 minute steps instead of smoothly like most other watches. Alternately he might have a perpetual calendar model that has separate controls for the calendar function.

Yes, it is a chronograph. I have no idea about it having servos, but I see your point. :)

Does anyone have any thoughts on Xen watches?

I've been looking for a 24h dial for a long time, and all the Raketa watches seem either too cheesy or too cheap.

And now I found this.
10.773.jpg
10.774.jpg
10.775.jpg

And I'm really tempted by it (probably the black one).

Last edited:
The brown just looks so much less boring, though. I think every man needs a brown watch.

495817-order-go-panomatic-lunar-39mm-stowa_chrono_1938_10.jpg

The brown just looks so much less boring, though. I think every man needs a brown watch.

495817-order-go-panomatic-lunar-39mm-stowa_chrono_1938_10.jpg

I'm not usually a watch kind of guy but that's very nice. I agree.

So long story short, I have more money for my watch. Hasn't been worked out exactly so somewhere around $1000

So new suggestions on best brands to look at?

My three thoughts sofar, all with mechanical actions. What do you think about them in particular and the brands? Any thoughts?

First and least expensive the Magrette Regattare 2011 link
Magrette-Regattare-2011-Watch-02.jpg

Magrette-Regattare-2011-Watch-th-150x150.jpg

Second we have the Tissot PRC 200 Automatic Chronographin in both Pimptastic black mother of pearl and just normal black.
link
tissot-prc-200-lady-t014-427-16-121-00-prc200.jpg

tissot-prc-200-chronograph-automatic-4.jpg

And a bit high on the budget but the Victorinox Chronopro
Link
D448_ChronoPro.jpg

Finally while probably out of my budget what do y'all think of the Raymond Weil mechanical watches? I tried on a few and they seemed really nice for what they cost. Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:
I can only just aesthetics, and the Tissot and Victorinox look great.

So my Seiko 5 died about two weeks ago. (Funny, I seem to have issues with previously-thought-of-as-indestructible products.) I mailed it into Seiko's watch repair center in New Jersey, and they sent me back a bill for a $74 repair.

What the hell? I thought. The watch has a one-year warranty, I included proof of purchase, and I only bought the watch two months ago. So when I called them, they told me that I had bought it from a seller affiliated with Amazon, and that I'd have to talk to them.

So I did. Turns out, Amazon doesn't have a warranty?just a 30-day guarantee if it's defective. I was pretty annoyed, but they decided to give me a shipping label so I can return the watch to Amazon for a full refund. Kind of annoying, since I really liked that Seiko...but at least I'll be getting my money back.

What the fuck?
That sucks!

I've been having fun in the CAD/CAM lab the last couple days. The movement I'm designing around is an ETA 7753, I used measurements provided from ETA to mock up a solid with the same outer dimensions of a real movement so it would fit right into place if I end up milling out the watch when I'm done. Everything else is completely scratch-built. Obviously I still have a lot of work left on actually building the case, but I'm having rather a lot of fun with this. Today I want to get the frame around the date window built as well as get the chrono subdials set in, and possibly put a name on the dial if I can come up with one.

2m9Ye.jpg

I've been having fun in the CAD/CAM lab the last couple days. The movement I'm designing around is an ETA 7753, I used measurements provided from ETA to mock up a solid with the same outer dimensions of a real movement so it would fit right into place if I end up milling out the watch when I'm done. Everything else is completely scratch-built. Obviously I still have a lot of work left on actually building the case, but I'm having rather a lot of fun with this. Today I want to get the frame around the date window built as well as get the chrono subdials set in, and possibly put a name on the dial if I can come up with one.

2m9Ye.jpg
Any chance of your next face with enamel guilloche? I'm totally fascinated by the turning.

Any chance of your next face with enamel guilloche? I'm totally fascinated by the turning.

That would be incredibly tedious as I have to do all of the modeling by hand. It's labor intensive enough to cut those patterns on a rose engine as it is, and I'm not even really sure how I would go about doing that on the computer. I am planning to do a sort of sunburst cut in the subdials, though, so that may be pretty similar to what you've got in mind. As far as the dial material, I'm pretty limited as to what I can render since the Rhino engine the program uses doesn't have much in it and it's crashed on me the last 3 times I've tried to run a render. What you see there is "bead blasted platinum" which I chose because it was white in color with a subtle texture. I need to see if I can get some more materials imported to the program to render with, but I don't know that that's possible.

So I bought the Tissot and should have pictures up tomorrow. Quick question, where is the best place to look for new straps? (17mm btw) The one that comes with it is a bit too gaudy for me (snake skin isnt my thing)