Post Your Watches

My son, seeing as I recently started wearing a wristwatch, wanted one too.
So I gave him this:
ben10_projector_watch.jpg

The little rascal even sleeps with his watch. He loved it! :lol:

Well I think I figured out a way around the render engine crashing for now. I also got a bit distracted from work, but I did mostly accomplish what I wanted today.

maJYC.jpg

So I got my Seiko back from the service center in New Jersey, all ready to wrap up and return to Amazon for a full refund, when I decided to shake it about for the hell of it...and it started working again. :blink:

What's with Japanese products and their innate ability to repair themselves?

My son, seeing as I recently started wearing a wristwatch, wanted one too.
So I gave him this:
ben10_projector_watch.jpg

The little rascal even sleeps with his watch. He loved it! :lol:

you should force him to take it off while sleeping!
skin needs to breathe, especially with plastic wrist bands...fungus love them!!

you should force him to take it off while sleeping!
skin needs to breathe, especially with plastic wrist bands...fungus love them!!

Of course, but it was just the first day. :)

So I got my Seiko back from the service center in New Jersey, all ready to wrap up and return to Amazon for a full refund, when I decided to shake it about for the hell of it...and it started working again. :blink:

What's with Japanese products and their innate ability to repair themselves?

How exactly was it broken? If it's an automatic then a bit of a shake would wind it up and make it run, exactly as it's designed to work. FYI, you can't manually wind automatic Seikos, they have to be wound through movement.

How exactly was it broken? If it's an automatic then a bit of a shake would wind it up and make it run, exactly as it's designed to work. FYI, you can't manually wind automatic Seikos, they have to be wound through movement.

It just...stopped working, for a few days. Rotating it didn't get it to start up again, when I mailed it off. The rotor still moved, but the balance wheel was stuck. :dunno:

Oh, and I know. ;)

Don't most cheap Seikos just use a Miyota 8215? I could swear they had a manual wind.

No, it's a Seiko 5, in-house. the 5 refers to the five features:

1. Diaflex (unbreakable mainspring)
2. Diashock (Seiko's shock resistant design)
3. Automatic winding
4. Date indication
5. Water resistant

Umm. I like watches.
001-1.jpg

Oddly, 3 of the 5 only have a single point to actually mark time with. Who needs to know EXACTLY what time it is anyway, that's what phones are for. Two of the "normal" ones:
008-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

And the three more- we'll call them modern- ones
007-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

I'm kind of a whore for Movado and Fossil. By that, I mean Fossil, with the Movado ones for my 18th and 21st birthdays.

SO, are Kobold watches good?
phantom_tac_3_large.jpg

Got something new......

IMAG0621.jpg

I absolutely love the clean and elegant design by Skagen. And boy are they thin and light.

Got one of these for my birthday

ref-ef-518d-1a-297848-1.jpg

nice!
We?re watch buddies now!

Wheeeeeeeee