Post Your Watches

Hello

Just found my way to this section. Never knew about it before, so it is nice to be here.

Haven't been a big watch person before, but as I now started to study at Espoon Kellosepp?koulu or in english, Espoo watchmakers school (one of the best in world ;) ) in adult 38 years age to become micro mechanic, I'm now slowly learning alots about watches, history of time keeping and I also was struck with watch fever baldy while sitting on class and watching from side while school mate of mine was scrolling ebay.

I fell in love with Seiko Helmet. Didn't pull trigger yet, as good ones are out of my reach and even tho I will be able to service, fix and build my own, at this stage buying a cheap one is problematic because Seiko doesn't make spare parts to their vintage watches.

So, sofar I have MIDO Multifort (sadly dont have pics of it and dont remember specs) that I got from my mother who had paid 8? for it. She said it's most probably from late 50's or early 60's but found out in school that it was made 1944. It needs serious service as it stop'd walking from all the dirt inside of it.

Heart warming to find so many Seiko owners and ppl who like them. I like them, first, proper brand has to make their own movements just like any real car maker. Second their cheap for quality and number of variations is nice. And I like their history with chronographs and quartz.
Got freebie from friend as practice watch, Seiko 5 that doesnt run well and second Seiko 5 from ebay (that I actually bought same day before I was given the first) for almighty 15?. Oldest of my "collection" is Heuer stopwatch, old but no idea how old.

Cheers
Samuli

Welcome to the watch thread, I guess. :lol:

Very very nice. I'm yet to see a Grand Seiko up close.

I was thinking something along those lines.

"I want a house where I could have that library".

I told my parents that my Seagull 1963 was $300. "Wow, we got a big shot here!" they said. "Look at who's got so much money! We're never helping you out again!" :cry:

f3407a34723011e28d2722000a1f8fa0_7.jpg
(Mine's on the right, my buddy's on the left?old-ass Instagram picture from two years ago)

The time the mailman brought me my Suunto, he casualy remarked: "People buy the weirdest thing on the internet. Some people buy pens and watches. Why would you do that?"
:lol:

I have a strong feeling there is a Seiko 5 SNK809 in my future :D (it would be my first automatic).

I have a strong feeling there is a Seiko 5 SNK809 in my future :D (it would be my first automatic).

I'm eyeing off a second hand one right now as a replacement.