Post Your Watches

I don't get why watches with that much inaccuracy still get made. Oh, it's mechanical. Great stuff to look at under a microscope I'm sure, but if it works measurably worse than the modern stuff... why bother? Plus most expensive or "luxury" watches I've seen just show that money can't buy taste, as they look pretentious at best.

Same reason why people still lament the death of purely mechanical cars.

Following that reasoning, why by an analog watch at all? :rolleyes:

Same reason why people still lament the death of purely mechanical cars.
Well... not exactly. Driving a car is a fairly complex thing, that can cause different levels of enjoyment depending on how the car is set up.
A watch has exactly two purposes: Telling the time and looking good. And many of the expensive watches fail completely at the second one, making the wearer look like a giant douchebag who has showing of his/her money as the first priority.

Some people would say that the only purpose of a car is to get from point A to point B. And many of the expensive cars completely fail at that, making the owner look like a giant douchebag at the side of the road who was showing off his/her money as the first priority.

Last edited:
I don't get why watches with that much inaccuracy still get made. Oh, it's mechanical. Great stuff to look at under a microscope I'm sure, but if it works measurably worse than the modern stuff... why bother? Plus most expensive or "luxury" watches I've seen just show that money can't buy taste, as they look pretentious at best.

Because they're beautiful

glassback1.jpg

Versus

Armbanduhr_Rueckseite.jpg

Precisely. :D

I don't understand people who don't like cars, come to car forums judge or troll car fanatic's hobbies. Neither have I ever understud why people watch bad tv show's and then complain about it.

I do like people who join forums and start smart conversations about things they dont know or like.

keepcalm_black.jpg

Serviced my white Seiko 5, didn't work, wait for two rounds and roll again. Started second round of servicing yesterday and hope to finnish it in couple weeks (can work with it only twice a week, few hours at time). Learning curve is steep but is so enjoyable that wont even try to explain.

Last edited:
That size looks perfect indeed.
:D

Thank you.

I want one of those Steinhart?s as well now - very badly

Posa, if you get one, buy it from Germany. Friend of mine just got Steinhart, tried to order from Finland with no luck even after asking multiple times, ordered it from Germany with no problem.

i accidentally...

also, it's really hard to share images from my phone, apparently...

Last edited:
i accidentally...

also, it's really hard to share images from my phone, apparently...
If you're on an iPhone, our own killpanda has written the armedcats app, which is up and running nicely (at least I hope it is, with the latest kerfuffle), but for Android, you're better off with the official imgur app for now while we find an Android dev willing to make the app (been looking for over 2 years now, nothing).

android. i'm not taking selfies of my penis or posting cat memes, so i figured this pic doesn't belong on imgur.

Imgur doesn't submit to the public gallery by default. At its core it's still a pretty much anonymous image hosting site and the app has nice functionality of letting you copy the BBcode straight into your clipboard so you can paste anywhere you like. Same idea behind the armedcats app, I just thought of it first... <_<

A armedcats android app would be awesome.

Edit:On topic, yay, more chrono :D

Is it a 3828?

Last edited:
Help me find an android dev. :( I have all the design documentation and killpanda can provide the base upload code, which can be reverse engineered to work on Android.