Post Your Watches

and how exactly do they work? you only have to watch the dials, and the digits are purely there for decoration?

and how exactly do they work? you only have to watch the dials, and the digits are purely there for decoration?

Apparently so.

After a while, you already know the time by the position of the clock?s hands anyway.

Anything interesting about this watch?

P1010547.jpg

P1010546.jpg

P1010548.jpg

it has a wire you can choke someone with?

Mailman came by 2 days ago and brought me this (not my pictures): A Casio G-Shock G-9000 Mudman. Bought it after i decided i needed a watch that i could beat around, as opposed to my 45MM (mechanical, manual wind) Russian Aviator watch.

G9000-1V.jpg

they still make those? EVERYONE had one like that 15 years ago!

(and everyone still has it somewhere in a drawer, still working)

i see you also don't have the protector brace
G-S_I.jpg

some where sold with, others without, but it was impossible to find the braces being sold seperatly!

Last edited:
...unless they lost it when the strap broke...

Man, I've thought about pickup up one of those, but doesn't it stick out from your wrist like 3"?

Its a bit to get use to. I've have pretty big arms, so it works for me.

Last edited:
Do you guys still wear watches daily? I think almost everyone I know switched to just carrying a mobile phone, years ago. I stopped wearing a watch even before that, when I decided that it just added pressure/stress - I still get to appointments on time, but I don't check my watch every five minutes.

I have stopped wearing watches for years since i got a phone and car and whatnot to tell me the time, but i'd rather have a nice simple watch on my hand these days now more than ever, than pull my phone out just to check the time

Do you guys still wear watches daily? I think almost everyone I know switched to just carrying a mobile phone, years ago. I stopped wearing a watch even before that, when I decided that it just added pressure/stress - I still get to appointments on time, but I don't check my watch every five minutes.

i'm more confident not wearing pants, than not wearing a watch...
i just feel nude without

Always. I can't leave home without it. Checking a mobile phone for the time takes way to long than just looking at my wrist.

Indeed. Only on holidays do I get lazy and not bother putting it on.

And then I end up checking my bare wrist every once in a while like an idiot for a month until I'm back at uni.

Last edited: