Post Your Watches

Get! :D

sey6mt.jpg

First i didn't really like it but it grew on me and i seriously consider buying the Seike 'Orange Monster'.

540623657_fd8a16a44e.jpg

any people here who own (or have owned) this watch?

I've had a Seiko 5 with the same automatic 7S26 movement, and that bit is pretty much unimpeachable. Be aware that the crystal is slightly domed, so even with the upward-curving bezel edges, it's somewhat prone to getting scratched or cracked.

I prefer the look of the Orient Mako over that but that's just me. Here's one interesting shot I just stumbled upon

OrangeMako013_RJ.jpg

Got given this:

G9100.jpg

makes a good everyday watch :D

A few of my watches. Sorry for crap pics.

Box:
IMG00138-20110603-0106.jpg

Some crap with flashy diamonds on it. Junk.
IMG00137-20110603-0105.jpg

My grandfatherses old Timex, SS with gold band. Blue face.
IMG00136-20110603-0105.jpg

Old Day Date Rolex, stainless with gold band.
IMG00135-20110603-0105.jpg

Gold with Green accent Rolex GMT Master 2.
IMG00134-20110603-0104.jpg

SS Audemars Piguet Royal Oak.
IMG00133-20110603-0103.jpg

Breitling Bentley GT, SS with brown face.
IMG00132-20110603-0103.jpg

Breitling Bentley Tourbillon Chronograph, All gold with a white face.
IMG00130-20110603-0102.jpg

My two:

DSC_0532.jpg

Nothing fancy. I'm very fond of their styling though. The Bulova is from 1927 I believe. Still runs great. Very deco. Very sexy. I know nothing about the other one, I don't imagine it's worth more than $20 but I like it very much as well. Green for every day usage, red for special occasions.

edit: Shouldn't have posted right after all those fancy ones :(

edit2: Anyone have suggestions for a nicer band for the Bulova? I just got one that fit it, but I'd like to get something better in the future. I think a gloss black would be nicer.

Last edited:
@ C53A_4G63T
wow! nice collection!
i also want a breitling :(

where did you get those? did you buy them? or were they part of a heritage or sth?

Last edited:
I really don't know much about watches. I found it on ebay. I really couldn't tell you the model :/

5 minutes of Googleling and I found this. Looks like it's a Bulova C1930. Actually, I don't think it's got a real model name, it's just a 1930s Art Deco Bulova watch.

Last edited:
A few of my watches. Sorry for crap pics.
Old Day Date Rolex, stainless with gold band.

Gold with Green accent Rolex GMT Master 2.

Breitling Bentley GT, SS with brown face.

Breitling Bentley Tourbillon Chronograph, All gold with a white face.

Call me suspicious, but I'm seeing a few things on those that don't look right. Of course it's hard to be sure with those pictures, but there are a few details that just look incorrect from those pictures. Care to share more details?

My two:

Nothing fancy. I'm very fond of their styling though. The Bulova is from 1927 I believe. Still runs great. Very deco. Very sexy. I know nothing about the other one, I don't imagine it's worth more than $20 but I like it very much as well. Green for every day usage, red for special occasions.

edit: Shouldn't have posted right after all those fancy ones :(

edit2: Anyone have suggestions for a nicer band for the Bulova? I just got one that fit it, but I'd like to get something better in the future. I think a gloss black would be nicer.

The Bulova is definitely late 20's/early 30's with that case style. If you could open the caseback and get a good clear picture of the movement I might be able to confirm the year specifically. The red dial however, just looks like a poor quality redial job that was done a long time ago. It shouldn't have that textured surface to it. The original wouldn't have been like that. As far as the model of that one, about all you'd be able to do is find some period advertising or catalogs and see if you can find one listed. There were so many variations and styles available it's a bit ridiculous to try and learn them.

5 minutes of Googleling and I found this. Looks like it's a Bulova C1930. Actually, I don't think it's got a real model name, it's just a 1930s Art Deco Bulova watch.

C1930 would mean Circa 1930, not a model number. ;)

Last edited:
Well I can atleast tell you right now just by looking at that picture that your Bentley tourbillon is a 100% chinese fake. What that means for your other watches I haven't bothered to check yet.

Last edited:
Well I can atleast tell you right now just by looking at that picture that your Bentley tourbillon is a 100% chinese fake. What that means for your other watches I haven't bothered to check yet.

Seems so, as you can see the anchor seems to be like the fake one on both breitling watches. Pictures are really blurry so I can't be sure.
rep_dial_01.jpg
rep_dial_02.jpg

Also

Call me suspicious, but I'm seeing a few things on those that don't look right. Of course it's hard to be sure with those pictures, but there are a few details that just look incorrect from those pictures. Care to share more details?

The Bulova is definitely late 20's/early 30's with that case style. If you could open the caseback and get a good clear picture of the movement I might be able to confirm the year specifically. The red dial however, just looks like a poor quality redial job that was done a long time ago. It shouldn't have that textured surface to it. The original wouldn't have been like that. As far as the model of that one, about all you'd be able to do is find some period advertising or catalogs and see if you can find one listed. There were so many variations and styles available it's a bit ridiculous to try and learn them.

C1930 would mean Circa 1930, not a model number. ;)

Yeah I noticed that it appeared to be refinished. I don't really mind though. I still love it. Red is my favorite color and art deco is my favorite style. The flash of the camera makes it look worse than it really is. I took the movement out of the case but nothing was really visible without taking off the face. Don't feel comfortable doing that, so I'll just stick with 'circa 1930' :)

Almost the same color as my car:
DSC_0539.jpg

dirty-ass moonroof
DSC_0540.jpg

Last edited: