Post Your Watches

I was also bitten by the flieger bug!

Realistic purchase would be a Stowa or This Damasko DA36 (I'm planning to get one at the right price)

DamaskoDA362L.jpg

I also like IWC's mark XVI/Pilot Chrono.
iwc-pilots-watches-classic-pilots-watch-mark-xvi-iw325501.jpg

BTW there's news that there would be a new design on the pilot watch(IWC's) in 2012

Just put a new strap on the Swiss Military Chrono.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blaro/2011/06/17/watchstrap.jpg

Had some idle time in class today after redoing a Movado and waiting on a lecture to finish so I tore down, cleaned, oiled, timed, and cleaned up the case, polished the crystal and put a new strap on this watch my mother pulled out of a drawer and gave me a while ago. Probably worn by my grandfather at some point. Came out pretty well, got it set to run about 10 seconds a day fast right now and we'll see how well that holds up on my wrist and I'll adjust it from there after a couple weeks.

Fairly basic automatic Bulova with date, case dated 1969 with a movement dated 1967, so a bit of a discrepancy but nothing too out there.

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2011/06/21/bulova.jpg

I need to bring a better camera to class and take proper pictures. I've also got an old Gallet chronograph that needs serviced from my dads' father and next week I may have the Rolex my moms' father got from work to service and add to my collection.

My bulova seems to get stuck sometimes. It keeps fairly decent time when it's running, but it seems it gets stuck every few hours and will only resume with a good shake. Any remedies for this?

A proper checkup. Could be a sticky or kinked mainspring, a mangled tooth on one of the train wheels, improperly installed hands getting caught up on each other, a bent or damaged pivot somewhere, or maybe it's just gummy and needs cleaned and oiled. Pretty impossible to diagnose exactly what without having it in my hands to see what it's doing.

tumblr_loeitwsjZU1qzwba5

Mine and my buddy's modest watch collection. :D

Just bought this Timex Expedition today.

timex-expedition-traditional-t46471pf.jpg

It needs a bigger wristband, I barely got it on, should have checked the fit before.

So, this just came in the mail... :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blaro/2011/08/03/363551957.jpg

It is awesome. Love the 4-ticks-per-second movement, the clear caseback, and the fact that I got it for only 50 bucks (MSRP is $135, but Seiko MSRPs are a joke). The standard canvas strap is nothing short of fugly, however, and I have a two-piece Zulu strap in tan coming in.

This will replace my Citizen Eco-Drive as daily wear, and I'll be selling that soon to anyone who's interested, once I replace the dial. Details coming soon.

I bought my Seiko Sports 5 automatic for around $50, too. I bought it when I lived in Abu Dhabi and figured it was a fake, but it's still working fine. They're fantastic value for money if you don't pay that ridiculous MSRP. Where'd you get yours from anyway?

WK1112.FT8002.jpg

Tag Heuer Professional WK1112-1

I got this as a 16th birthday present from my dad and have worn it every single day since, except when the battery ran flat last year. I still like the looks alot, it's understated and sporty, but you can also wear it to a formal dinner etc.

Would I buy my son the same watch? Sadly, I have to say no. This watch is supposed to be water resistant up to 200m. However, when the battery had to be replaced, the dealer demanded to test the watch for waterresistance. When I came to pick up the watch the clerk told me that it had failed the waterresistance test and that I should take it off whenever I go swimming or even in the shower. He also said that this was normal and that that replacing the sealings would cost me more than 200?.
Frustrated I left, only to return 3 months later, when the metal pin that connects the strap with the case had bent and broken and needed to be replaced, along with the two little bands that hold the loose end of the strap in place, which had torn. Replacing the metal pin was free, but it turned out that Tag Heuer doesn't sell the little bands on their own, only complete straps. A rubber one would have costed me 180? + shipping, a metal one 240? + shipping. I kindly declined and went and got two used bands in a department store nearby, free of charge.
I expected a little more in customer service from a company like Tag Heuer. My next watch will be either an Omega Speedmaster or a Rolex Milgauss/Rolex Oyster Perpetual (will take some time until then...)

I bought my Seiko Sports 5 automatic for around $50, too. I bought it when I lived in Abu Dhabi and figured it was a fake, but it's still working fine. They're fantastic value for money if you don't pay that ridiculous MSRP. Where'd you get yours from anyway?

Amazon. Looks like it's back up to $70 now. I guess you could say that I had...
tumblr_ljn3kyIWI81qf7izy.gif

good timing.

Last edited:
It is awesome. Love the 4-ticks-per-second movement,

5, that movement runs at 18000 bph.

Would I buy my son the same watch? Sadly, I have to say no. This watch is supposed to be water resistant up to 200m. However, when the battery had to be replaced, the dealer demanded to test the watch for waterresistance. When I came to pick up the watch the clerk told me that it had failed the waterresistance test and that I should take it off whenever I go swimming or even in the shower. He also said that this was normal and that that replacing the sealings would cost me more than 200?.

Frustrated I left, only to return 3 months later, when the metal pin that connects the strap with the case had bent and broken and needed to be replaced, along with the two little bands that hold the loose end of the strap in place, which had torn. Replacing the metal pin was free, but it turned out that Tag Heuer doesn't sell the little bands on their own, only complete straps. A rubber one would have costed me 180? + shipping, a metal one 240? + shipping. I kindly declined and went and got two used bands in a department store nearby, free of charge.

I expected a little more in customer service from a company like Tag Heuer. My next watch will be either an Omega Speedmaster or a Rolex Milgauss/Rolex Oyster Perpetual (will take some time until then...)

Where did you have the battery done? On a higher end watch like that gasket replacement should be standard with a battery replacement, and it shouldn't cost that much at all. Not terribly surprised at the band issues though, the band and loops are sets and not many companies would sell them separately. And some forewarning, when you do make the jump to Omega or Rolex especially, expect those service costs to jump up beyond your Tag. You think 180 Euromonies for a new strap is a lot just be sure you have a chair handy when your AD quotes you for a replacement bit for a Rolex. :lol:

Where did you have the battery done? On a higher end watch like that gasket replacement should be standard with a battery replacement, and it shouldn't cost that much at all. Not terribly surprised at the band issues though, the band and loops are sets and not many companies would sell them separately. And some forewarning, when you do make the jump to Omega or Rolex especially, expect those service costs to jump up beyond your Tag. You think 180 Euromonies for a new strap is a lot just be sure you have a chair handy when your AD quotes you for a replacement bit for a Rolex. :lol:

I had the battery replaced at an official Tag Heuer dealership, they sell every high end watch brand and also jewelery. They charged me 21? for the battery swap and gasket test, as I said, replacing the gasket would have costed 180? and would have meant sending the watch to Tag Heuer (for which I would have had to deposit 45? in insurance), same with the band.
I hope that the day I will finally get that Rolex or Omega my financial situation will be solid enough to "run" them aswell :lol:

rolex-oyster-perpetual-air-king-watch.jpg

rolex_milgauss.jpg

Speedmaster.jpg

Sadly, around here, many people judge you for wearing a Rolex. It's different with Omega, since they're less common and less associated with gold, bling and showing off. To me however, they have at least as much class history and understatement to them.

Nabster, what do you know about German watches? I figure a Stowa needs to be my future dress watch:

Flieger_Chrono_2.jpg

Stowa_Chrono_1938_10.jpg

As I've stated before, B-Uhrs are the fucking sex. Stowa Airman is def on my list of watches reasonably able to purchase soonish.

Then a IWC Big Pilot will be mine, after I cut up some tourists for their organs.