Post Your Watches

In that case, you'd probably like the Archimede as well:

7949-A13-15.jpg

Seems the Germans have the B-Uhr game down, given their past history of, say, combat aviation.

Last edited:
As for German watches, the most famous ones come out of Glash?tte, a town in Sachsen. Famous watchmakers from Glash?tte include M?hle, A. Lange & S?hne and Nomos. IWC is obviously German, as is Askania.
I really like their "Taifun" collection:
p_1_1163674302.jpg

This one is called "Heinkel" ;)
p_1_1175066085.jpg

Last edited:
Nomos makes some gorgeous watches, I'm especially partial to the Orion Weiss:

http://img252.imageshack.**/img252/7720/orionvorne1scharffk8.jpg

Had some idle time in class today after redoing a Movado and waiting on a lecture to finish so I tore down, cleaned, oiled, timed, and cleaned up the case, polished the crystal and put a new strap on this watch my mother pulled out of a drawer and gave me a while ago. Probably worn by my grandfather at some point. Came out pretty well, got it set to run about 10 seconds a day fast right now and we'll see how well that holds up on my wrist and I'll adjust it from there after a couple weeks.

Fairly basic automatic Bulova with date, case dated 1969 with a movement dated 1967, so a bit of a discrepancy but nothing too out there.

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2011/06/21/bulova.jpg

I need to bring a better camera to class and take proper pictures. I've also got an old Gallet chronograph that needs serviced from my dads' father and next week I may have the Rolex my moms' father got from work to service and add to my collection.

Beautiful Bulova you have there. I absolutely love them. I have a 1969 Accutron with the 2182 movement and a 218D (Not too sure if that's the exact one) Swiss movement that is disassembled. (I have no idea how to put it back together) I'll post a few pics when I get the chance. If I ever scratch up enough money, I want to get an Accutron Astronaut or a Spaceview.

EDIT: Sorry for the crappy quality.

http://img835.imageshack.**/img835/3905/whitby2011080300032.jpg

Last edited:
Ohh god, A. Lange & Sohne. Maybe my favorite manufacturer, though there are independent horologists I prefer.

Specifically the Lange 1 Moonphase in Rose Gold. So fucking hot.

109.032.jpg

One of my favorite watches is the Lange Datograph. I could look at the back of that watch for hours.

320945d1284182313-if-you-could-only-have-one-chronograph-lange_datograph_stock.jpg

datograph800.jpg

I also love Greubel Forsey, specifically the Invention Pieces. They are masters of the tourbillon. The design may not be to everyone's tastes, but the craftsmanship is indisputable.

invention_piece_1_3.jpg

Greubel%20Forsey%20Invention%20Piece%202%201.jpg

Last edited:
The German watches are nice if you stick to the well known brands. I haven't personally worked on any of the higher end ones but I recall working on some of the more mass produced ones. I'm still still partial to the Swiss stuff though, I love me some vintage Omega with the pink gilting on the movements.

Yup ^ he's right and STOWA is probably one of the best german pilot watch manufacturers (and one of the 4 original companies that were commissioned to make pilot watches by the germans) haven't owned one but lots of people are saying good things about it. LACO is also nice. Check out KEMMNER Flieger A, liking it looks dont know about the quality thoguh.

Here's my Damasko,

IMG_1106.jpg

Build quality is quite nice but my watch's accuracy is eerrrr, not as good as other peoples experience on the same watch. my orient mako is keeping better time +/- 3-5 seconds a day but the Damasko is running fast + 10s if I dont use it(sometimes less than 5 seconds) but If I use it +25 sec. that its only prob hope it gets better..

I'm also hoping to get this one in december a Seagull 1963 Reissue. Chinese military watch in 1963 reissue you could get it cheaper if you order from seagull HongKong usually under $220 with shipping. outside Hong Kong it might cost $400.

seagull-1963-air-force-watch-with-crystal-back.jpg

I think it looks nice.

Last edited:
So, this just came in the mail... :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blaro/2011/08/03/363551957.jpg

It is awesome. Love the 4-ticks-per-second movement, the clear caseback, and the fact that I got it for only 50 bucks (MSRP is $135, but Seiko MSRPs are a joke). The standard canvas strap is nothing short of fugly, however, and I have a two-piece Zulu strap in tan coming in.

This will replace my Citizen Eco-Drive as daily wear, and I'll be selling that soon to anyone who's interested, once I replace the dial. Details coming soon.

I really like that watch. I can't find it in AUS though! Is that the smaller or the larger I think onces 37, and the other is 40 something?

so what makes a watch a pilot watch?

I really like that watch. I can't find it in AUS though! Is that the smaller or the larger I think onces 37, and the other is 40 something?

It's a pretty small dial, at 37mm. Look for model number SNK809 if you can.

so what makes a watch a pilot watch?
Just the oversized watch face and big easily readable numbers, from origin I think at least.

So, this just came in the mail... :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blaro/2011/08/03/363551957.jpg

It is awesome. Love the 4-ticks-per-second movement, the clear caseback, and the fact that I got it for only 50 bucks (MSRP is $135, but Seiko MSRPs are a joke). The standard canvas strap is nothing short of fugly, however, and I have a two-piece Zulu strap in tan coming in.

This will replace my Citizen Eco-Drive as daily wear, and I'll be selling that soon to anyone who's interested, once I replace the dial. Details coming soon.

Excellent buy and I love that it has an automatic movement. I can't believe people waste money on the similar looking J Crew Timex which is greatly inferior to the Seiko.

I'm also hoping to get this one in december a Seagull 1963 Reissue. Chinese military watch in 1963 reissue you could get it cheaper if you order from seagull HongKong usually under $220 with shipping. outside Hong Kong it might cost $400.

seagull-1963-air-force-watch-with-crystal-back.jpg

I think it looks nice.

Do they have a showroom or store in Hong Kong? Alternatively, who carries it?

Do they have a showroom or store in Hong Kong? Alternatively, who carries it?

No and yes, They don't sell it in showrooms or stores. You have to email someone in Seagull HK he will ship it to you or you could go to his office and get one but you may need to contact him in advance. if you are interested look at this thread (with info on the seller email add, his name is thomas) : http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/seagull-1963-reissue-available-seagull-hk-directly-420653.html (hope its ok to post that link here. his email is: lhczthomas@gmail.com but check the link just to be sure)

Also you have the option to get an acrylic or sapphire, solid or clear case back. and 19zuan star or 21 zuan design at the front.(Zuan= jewels in chinese_ Though movement is the same. 19 Zuan used to be the original design. It comes with the green/olive nato but probably you get leather staps.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blaro/2011/08/06/IMAG0321.jpg

The standard strap is a turd and a half, so I got a nice two-piece Zulu to replace it. :D

For the life of me I still don't get the point of wearing a watch. I feel naked without having my phone on me.

Just because you have a phone doesn't mean you can't wear a watch. I do both.