Post Your Watches

I haven't really worn a watch for ages... Figured it might be time to that again so went and bought myself a Seiko 5 automatic on a semi-impulse :) Been looking at these for a while and I settled on model SNZG15J1. I've only had it now for couple days but I'm raelly liking it. Should probably change the strap as the stock nylon one isn't too wonderful. Perhaps a Nato one or some nice leather. Will have to figure out what my options really are. Any recommendations?

Gents_SNZG15J1.jpg

(Pic stolen via Google Image Search)

Last edited:
I haven't really worn a watch for ages... Figured it might be time to that again so went and bought myself a Seiko 5 automatic on a semi-impulse :) Been looking at these for a while and I settled on model SNZG15J1. I've only had it now for couple days but I'm raelly liking it. Should probably change the strap as the stock nylon one isn't too wonderful. Perhaps a Nato one or some nice leather. Will have to figure out what my options really are. Any recommendations?

*snippadeedodah*
(Pic stolen via Google Image Search)

www.crownandbuckle.com ;)

I went to a watchmaker to clean out and replace the main spring in one of my watches. While I was there, he showed me this:

A Rolex from WWI that he refurbed. The pics are crap, the guy talks a mile a minute and kept showing me all sorts of cool stuff. But this one was beautiful. He says he'll sell it for $3500 if anyone is interested.

Digging up this thread from a shallow grave by construction workers.

I recently bought two new watches from eBay. A Seiko 5 automatic

seiko-5-military.jpg

and a Xen like the one Crazy Russian bought earlier in this thread.

XQ0108=Xen%2024%20Hours%20Watch.jpg

They look to be like great watches from what I've read about them and they both look great. Now, I won't have to use my iPhone as a pocket watch. :D

tumblr_ly4ffbDKMf1r4t3jx

tumblr_ly4ffbDKMf1r4t3jx

I got a leather NATO strap for my SNK809 from Crown & Buckle. I'm really happy with it!

I did not realise how cheap the SNK809 was. should've got it ages ago! I'd like to ask what the width was for the nato strap you bought? cause i read on some website the default SNK809 strap is 16.8mm wide, but crown and buckle leather nato had 18mm as the smallest, so I was just wondering did you buy that version of the leather nato strap? I'm interested in their new leather Madison strap and it had 20mm as the smallest width. so i'm thinking is it not going to fit....?

After wearing a cheap Timex for close to 15 years now, I finally decided to get something different.
I ordered one of these:
t049_410_11_037_01.jpg

Last edited:
I did not realise how cheap the SNK809 was. should've got it ages ago! I'd like to ask what the width was for the nato strap you bought? cause i read on some website the default SNK809 strap is 16.8mm wide, but crown and buckle leather nato had 18mm as the smallest, so I was just wondering did you buy that version of the leather nato strap? I'm interested in their new leather Madison strap and it had 20mm as the smallest width. so i'm thinking is it not going to fit....?

The strap you see pictured is actually a 20mm leather nato. It doesn't fit perfectly (as you can see if you look closely in the first photo) but it's definitely snug which is what I was looking for. The official strap size for the seiko is 18mm I believe. It's definitely bigger than 16.8.

The strap you see pictured is actually a 20mm leather nato. It doesn't fit perfectly (as you can see if you look closely in the first photo) but it's definitely snug which is what I was looking for. The official strap size for the seiko is 18mm I believe. It's definitely bigger than 16.8.

ah right, I see. yes, I saw that it's a bit bigger than the provided width on the bezel (or whatever it's called) but I didn't realise that was a 20mm width strap. the other side looks like a perfect fit though! :D

Nice :clap:!

Is that the box it came in? Mine came in a different one, long enough for the watch to be laid out flat.

Yeah, that's the box for it. I thought that the box would be long and flat like yours. There's even a little pillow inside to cushion the watch when it's inside.

Beautiful watch! Very stunning.

Not quite as impressive, but my Seiko 5 that I bought from eBay arrived a few days ago. Great watch for the money I paid for it.

C6B11325.jpg

I decided yesterday I really want a Hamilton Ventura.

images

I decided yesterday I really want a Hamilton Ventura.

images

You have to get a vintage electric model. Very nice pieces.