Post Your Watches

You have to get a vintage electric model. Very nice pieces.

That's what I as thinking about. Bit hard to justify since my "daily driver" watch-wise is a Breitling Chonoracer Rattrapante that I bought nearly 10 years ago and right now I don't really have the spare cash to do it but I think I will probably get one in the next few years.

I already have the black suit and the shades.... ;)

Just bought this Timex:

222861953.jpg

I needed a new everyday watch I can wear and not care if its scratched or damaged. Decided on this one because of the decent case size (44 mm) and simple, clean design. The fact that it was only $30 helped a lot too.

I AM SELLING THIS BADASS SICK NASTY WATCH. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO BUY THIS GOD-DAMNED WATCH. IT IS RAD TO THE POWER OF SICK. IT HAS THE ABILITY TO IMPREGNATE YOUR GIRLFRIEND IMMEDIATELY THROUGH THE SHEER POWER OF METAL. DINOSAURS WENT EXTINCT BECAUSE OF HOW RAD NASTY THIS WATCH WAS.

kpzhW.jpg

IjmIx.jpg

sPldi.jpg

SERIOUSLY THOUGH, PM ME. AND THEN CALL FOR HELP, BECAUSE I CAN'T SEEM TO STOP SHOUTING. ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Well the Timex I posted earlier was labelled incorrectly so it ended up being SUPER TINY. It looked like a woman's watch. So I got an Invicta 1048 instead:

1048.jpg

Properly large (I have large wrists). It has a nice weight to it and it looks great. Its clean and simple, which is why I love it. Again, I wanted something cheap I could wear every day and beat up so I don't have to worry about it. It was $40 and looks nicer than my much, much more expensive Tissot. Its great.

I sold both of those watches. Somebody in Poland will be impregnating all the womens soon.

In other news, this came in the mail:

a5d606ac9a2111e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

No more watches for a while!

I can?t read this right now.
I am at the lab and my boner would be hard to hide.

Thinking about an affordable pilots watch but no idea what to get. Suggestions?

Define affordable?

Under 500 there is the Citizen SkyHawk ecodrive.

Up to 1K. Was thinking about sometimg with a rubber band too.

7949-A13-15.jpg

Doesn't get any better than German flieger precision. $710.

Laco_Type_B_2012_web.jpg.w300h405.jpg

LACO was one of the original German companies (along with IWC and Stowa) to supply WWII bomber crews with pilot's watches...the one above comes in quartz, manual, ETA and Japanese Miyota automatic movements. $995 for the ETA auto, and $289 for the cheap Japanese movement.

Last edited:
Just purchased this secondhand. Waiting for it to arrive

Seamaster8.jpg

It will join my 1971 Hamilton Fontainebleu Chronograph that was my grandfathers seen following, my Maratac Pilot, and some Michael Kors fashion watches.

-3.jpg

My watch's battery has been dead for a few months now and because it's so beat up and has been ghetto-repaired at some point, they think it's a fake and won't go anywhere near it. I'm pretty sure I could change the battery myself, but I don't think I can find the seal to keep it watertight.

Anyway, I've convinced myself that I want a new one anyway so now I'm on a hunt of what I want.

I've settled on wanting a watch with both digital and analog, water resistant, with a black metal body and wrist wrap. I found a Nixon that I quite like, but I've read quite a few horror stories of bad reliability and since there's no Nixon store here, I'd need to buy it online and am quite afraid that it's gonna breakdown and I'll have to deal with a service center outside of China.

Alternatively, I'd go for another Casio Edifice, but I can't find a model that I really like :-/

As far as budget goes, I'd be willing to go from $100 to $300 if I really find something that I just fall in love with ^^

Good people of Finalgear, do you have any ideas? :)

Redline (crap) has some cool designs (crap) but I think the quality (crap) might be (crap) sub-premium.

Plus, I hear they are crap.

Nixons are crap fashion watches as well. Avoid.