Post Your Watches

Something not casio. Decent materials, sapphire crystal for scratch resistance, tritium lume since you're too impatient for your eyes to adjust in the dark for normal lume. Try a Luminox.

I bought a plain black one on eBay and it is comfortable but it was a bit short, so I had to cut it and make it fit in the lugs instead of just passing them behind the watch.

Ended up buying a grey Maratac zulu. Cant wait to try it on.

Something not casio. Decent materials, sapphire crystal for scratch resistance, tritium lume since you're too impatient for your eyes to adjust in the dark for normal lume. Try a Luminox.

:lol:

Well, sometimes I want to see the time during a movie in the theater or when in a stoplight. :p

Thanks for the tip. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa.

Those Luminox watched are exactly what I was looking for!
+rep!

Well, sometimes I want to see the time during a movie in the theater or when in a stoplight. :p

Thanks for the tip. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa.

Those Luminox watched are exactly what I was looking for!
+rep!

Oh come on, movie theaters are easy. Instead of looking directly at the face of the watch you tilt it back towards the screen until just past vertical and use the reflection of the light off the movie screen to read it.

And if you want something nicer than the Luminox, look up Ball watches, they tend to use tritium as well.

Which luminox models are worth looking at?

had to get a new rubber strap for my Tag Heuer today, 80 eur! :-o

cah7010-bt0717.png

Oh come on, movie theaters are easy. Instead of looking directly at the face of the watch you tilt it back towards the screen until just past vertical and use the reflection of the light off the movie screen to read it.

And if you want something nicer than the Luminox, look up Ball watches, they tend to use tritium as well.

Which luminox models are worth looking at?

Personally, I liked the Land series.

Last edited:
Re: Post Your Watches

Personally, I liked the Land series.

I have been contemplating luminox for some time, but from everything i have read it seems they are a bit hit-and-miss when it comes to quality.

What i am after is a "rugged pilot watch" - a tougher version of my citizen nighthawk if that makes sense. I would love something like a resco or a ball but that's outside my price league =(

EDIT:

I'm liking the black-out look. Saw this casio and wondering if its worth considering:

GA-100-1A1-watches-1271195729.jpg

Casio GA-100

Last edited:
Im not a biggest fan of how they look, but casio gshcoks are supposed to be very strong. I know that the top of the line "frogman" models are actual diving watches used by real divers.

Speaking of divers, I just got a new everyday watch that I'm not too worried about scratching up. Its a SKX007 with a modded domed sapphire crystal with blue AR coating:

2012-09-17 14.48.45.jpg

Selling another watch. Canvas Citizen Chrono (say that 10 times fast), kinda got scratched up when I broke the crystal, but works flawlessly. Retails for $225, paid $130, selling for $60 or so.

Cc9C9.jpg

Oh, and my friend gave me this in exchange for a bottle of Scotch in the near future, which is a fair trade if you ask me:

lSETW.jpg

I got it in the mail yesterday, wound it up, put a leather NATO on it, and then showed it to a bird. The details on this thing are gorgeous. That dial is printed on something textured like old photo paper, and the lumes are bright as hell.

I got some other watches serviced and bands swapped, I'll get pics of those later.

How do you find leather natos? I am thinking about buying one as, whilst I like nato straps for their comfort, sometimes the nylon pattern doesnt look quiet right for the occasion.

Also bought an SKX007 recently, and thinking about whether I shouod stick with the stock jubilee bracelet or go with a super oyster, hammer, etc.

Speaking of divers, I just got a new everyday watch that I'm not too worried about scratching up. Its a SKX007 with a modded domed sapphire crystal with blue AR coating:

How are you finding the accuracy on your SKX and how do you find the sapphire crystal? I am considering fitting one and a display caseback from yobokies.

Would also love to get recommendations on an affordable winder :)

My pride and joy..

Original (#00266) Nixon "The Regent."

Backside (not mine):

Last edited:
It's just obnoxious that Nixon charges as much as they do for their watches. Realistically you could get a watch from a proper established watch maker with the same movement for about $400. They're fine if you're not paying anywhere near the msrp, but I'm constantly seeing people paying full price for them thinking they're getting some high end watch, and Nixon just don't have the quality most of the Swiss brands have. Granted, that one looks pretty nice (aside from the fact the dial is much too large for that movement and leaves the day/date too central and I think the cyclops isn't magnifying nearly enough) so you did well there, hopefully you paid a reasonable price for it and not full msrp though.

How do you find leather natos? I am thinking about buying one as, whilst I like nato straps for their comfort, sometimes the nylon pattern doesnt look quiet right for the occasion.

Also bought an SKX007 recently, and thinking about whether I shouod stick with the stock jubilee bracelet or go with a super oyster, hammer, etc.

How are you finding the accuracy on your SKX and how do you find the sapphire crystal? I am considering fitting one and a display caseback from yobokies.

Would also love to get recommendations on an affordable winder :)

I love the domed sapphire crystal. It makes the watch look more upscale and it has a nice blue AR coating like breitlings. I bought the watch already modded, but according to the seller, the sapphire is from yobokies. As for time, I would say it loses about two minutes a week, or about -15sec a day.

It's just obnoxious that Nixon charges as much as they do for their watches. Realistically you could get a watch from a proper established watch maker with the same movement for about $400. They're fine if you're not paying anywhere near the msrp, but I'm constantly seeing people paying full price for them thinking they're getting some high end watch, and Nixon just don't have the quality most of the Swiss brands have. Granted, that one looks pretty nice (aside from the fact the dial is much too large for that movement and leaves the day/date too central and I think the cyclops isn't magnifying nearly enough) so you did well there, hopefully you paid a reasonable price for it and not full msrp though.
The price is indeed obnoxious. Luckily i paid under half MSRP :)

I'm really wanting another 24h watch right now. I've been wearing my Xen for the last 2 week to work, and I've got quite a few comments saying that my watch is showing the wrong time :lol:

I kinda want one of these (or something very similar).

Longines-FlyBack.jpg

Anyone know where I can find something like that, that isn't ebay? (cheap would also be good)