Post Your Watches

3830, best i can figure it was made right after the eta 7750 got switched to 25 stones.

Hi, anyone fo You have the Seiko SKX007? Does Seiko still make them? They dont have it in their official sites. Found few on Amazon, but not sure is it reliable to buy a watch from amazon?

Seiko_SKX007J.jpg

Yes, all I have read about it and watched on youtube, it has no bad sides. Its a classic, not expensive, official divers tool with ISO standard, it works, looks good and has the main features. Thats why it caught my eye. Its a good package and it has 007 is its name :D

Last edited:
Hi, anyone fo You have the Seiko SKX007? Does Seiko still make them? They dont have it in their official sites. Found few on Amazon, but not sure is it reliable to buy a watch from amazon?

Seiko_SKX007J.jpg

I have a Pepsi one as well, very solid watch, great daily warrior; although its spot on my wrist has been usurped by the Amphibia as of late...especially since it's on black leather now rather than the somewhat cheap metal bracelet.

So I wont miss with this one in other words :)

Ok, now one company in Lithuania is checking if they can get the J model here. If not, then I will take the leap of faith and order it from Amazon. There is on J model, hope they (the seller on Amazon) wont rip me off and it will be a real Seiko J model :(

I never bought anything expensive on the internet so I'm a bit worried :(

And I have huge OCD about such things, as model tipes and things. I would kill my self if I would order the J and receave the K, or if would be someething not right with it.

anyone know of a good watch winder? something worthy of like an snk809 (ie not costing $250)?

So, I graduated with my Ph.D close to 9 months ago and I didn't get myself anything. The price on an Oris Pro-Diver was about right (it was on sale) and I jumped on it.

oris%20bracelet.jpg

060509_oris_3.jpg

ORIS_ProDiver_Chronograph.jpg

At 51mm, believe it or not, it doesn't feel that big and it's not heavy.

Czelaya, what nice watch! I will read more about Oris wathces latter, I heard they are good. :)

And the Steinhart from RdKetchup too :)

Where do You guys buy Your wathes from mostly? Retail stores or internet like eBay, Amazon?

Last edited:
I bought the Steinhart directly from them, on their website.

Czelaya, what nice watch! I will read more about Oris wathces latter, I heard they are good. :)

And the Steinhart from RdKetchup too :)

Where do You guys buy Your wathes from mostly? Retail stores or internet like eBay, Amazon?

I purchased mine from Amazon. It wasn't my 1st time purchasing a watch that cost more than $2,000.00 from Amazon. This time I requested to talk to a sales associate and they spent about thirty minutes answering all these questions. Amazon certifies and inspects all their high watches from professional jewelries. I had my 1st Oris inspected personally and I got the green light. In addition, Amazon gives a two year warranty on all automatic watches. I also have the right to return the watch within 30 days I believe.

And I have huge OCD about such things, as model tipes and things. I would kill my self if I would order the J and receave the K, or if would be someething not right with it.
There's actually no quality difference. They're both machine made outside of Japan. The J designation just means the watch is intended for the Japanese market. Don't get hung up on it.

There's actually no quality difference. They're both machine made outside of Japan. The J designation just means the watch is intended for the Japanese market. Don't get hung up on it.

Oh really?
The higher price of the Js made me think there was a noticeable quality difference.