Post Your Watches

Huh?
Also, nice. Free watch. :thumbsup:

Just picked this up:

DndInxP.jpg

A classic. Nice. :thumbsup:

A rare find: an old Seiko SKX171 with a blue face; I bought this one from the Philippines and it's been in transit for almost a month. I've swapped the bezel and strap with ones from my SKX007 for a more modern look.

Here it is with its bezel-swap donor.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Miyota Quartz movements everywhere. :p

EDIT: Also, has this been posted here before?

Last edited:
I forgot we had a watch thread.

I got this a while back (yay for finishing residency). I wanted something nice but not too flashy and this one really grabbed me.

YxgcEAH.jpg

I am suspect. Every watch guaranteed to be worth more than you pay? I call bullshit.
It's all those bullshit inflated MSRPs that are always 10x what these pieces of junk are actually sold for online.

It's all those bullshit inflated MSRPs that are always 10x what these pieces of junk are actually sold for online.

I suppose that is true. All those watches you constantly see "$500 marked down to $49.95" from brands you've never heard of that look flashy in their photoshopped online pictures but in reality look so bad that a street vendor in NYC would be ashamed to ask anything more than $10 for it.

Also, if you order 10k watches, pretty sure they'll give you a good deal...

Last edited:
Ew.

Videos like this blow my mind.
Such precision.

Why is the foley so obviously fake, though? Even in that Patek Phelippe one.

Why is the foley so obviously fake, though? Even in that Patek Phelippe one.

As someone familiar with a good deal of the processes, I see a couple main reasons. One, lots of the video clips are showing processes at different speeds than in reality (speeding them up or slowing them down), because at real speed they don't look good for the videos. Then they dub over it with realtime audio anyway because altered audio sounds very off, creating a weird disconnect. Secondly, I'd guess they have to come up with some creative ways to record audio on some of the processes because some of them simply don't make much sound at all. Maybe it's just an artifact of having to crank the gain way up or amplify things so much that it sounds unnatural.

Nah, you can tell it's foley. Some of the sounds just don't match up with the scale of the objects in question.