Post Your Watches

Your Speedy Penis membership card will be arriving in the mail shortly.

Tried a couple of 18mm straps; the gaps look much less egregious when not zoomed in with a macro lens. The brown one is kind of reddish in daylight.

The black one looks proper.

Has anyone on here ever used Polywatch to get scratches out of watch crystals?

For acrylic crystals it works beautifully.

For a mineral glass crystal it won't do anything, you need a diamond abrasive and some elbow grease for that.

Is there such a thing as too many straps for one watch?

I'd like the deployment band and NATO strap for my Planet Ocean. But yet to find something I truly like.

I bought a G-Shock.
Yes, hardly news. And it's the most common model. Sorry.
casio-g-shock-dw-6900-1v-ty8800-1802-23-ty8800@1.jpg

I was decided to buy the all-black version, with a negative display, but seeing it in person made it look...bland.

Satellite

I eventually found out there is an all-black version with more visible writing (and slightly larger case), which is probably the best compromise between stealth and a bit of color, but sadly it's not available here.
g-shock-gd-x6900-1-gd-x6900-1dr-gd-x6900-1jf-japan-esupply-1407-17-Esupply@1.jpg

Oh well, they're not expensive, so I can eventually gamble and buy one on Amazon and have 2. :D

You just posted my two favorite watches. :love:

question for the pro's:
my tissot is getting realy dirty. all black gunk in the links of the band, the tachymeter doesn't move anymore at all, ...
i have an ultrasonic cleaner...can i dump my watch in there?

or will the vibration wreck havoc on the mechanism, or because of the vibration, not be waterproof?

Forgot to post the gift I got from my fiancée for Christmas, my birthday, and my wedding.

Garmin d2 delta px

gmn-177-garmin-watch-d2-delta_-px-aviator-watch-dlc-titanium-band-010-01989-31.jpg

question for the pro's:
my tissot is getting realy dirty. all black gunk in the links of the band, the tachymeter doesn't move anymore at all, ...
i have an ultrasonic cleaner...can i dump my watch in there?

or will the vibration wreck havoc on the mechanism, or because of the vibration, not be waterproof?

Bad idea. The movement needs to be removed from the case before going into an ultrasonic. You could pull the bracelet off and wash that alone no problem of course, but don't put the complete head of the watch in there.

Not sure if it was posted before, but anyway.

Not my style of watch, but very interesting nonetheless.

(Yes, I am yet again obsessing about watches, after some time away from it. HELP)

I just bought this:

s-l640.jpg

Wish me luck with customs.

That's why, in 2002, I bought a Breitling. :tease:

Then thanks to Top Gear a whole bunch of squash-playing, Audi-driving Gavins* bought them and ruined it for me. :shakefist:

*Gavin (noun) middle-management tosser, easily identified by bluetooth cellphone earpiece, striped shirt with contrasting white collars and cuffs and the characteristic mating calls of "blue-sky thinking" and "run it up the flagpole".

First Omega in space (well a tribute) meets the first watch in the air (even more of a tribute).
PB170619.JPG