Post Your Watches

"Epson VS42A" movement, way to go out of your way to avoid saying Seiko.

? Ack-chu-lee....

Seiko and Epson divisions are completely separately managed, and technically Seiko Watch buys their movements from Seiko Epson. Their whole organizational structure is a giant maze, especially one you start throwing in Hattori as well.

There is nothing wrong with that watch, but also I don't see why buy that instead of a Seiko for probably less money.
"MADE IN THE USA" tax?
Triple Aught makes stuff for silicon valley hipsters with too much money, everything they sell you can buy from 5.11 for less than half the price. My friend works at a big tech company (like backbone of the internet "big") and he loves them. Check out the prices of some of their stuff; his thing is that he knows it's all made "down the road" with California workers, so he's willing to pay the price for it.

giphy.gif

OK, I am miffed.

I've had a Casio Edifice since 2009 and somewhere around 2012 the metal band broke. I couldn't find a replacement or anyone willing to fix it. Contacting the local Casio customer service was underwhelming and after months of silence they quoted me something like 200USD, which was nearly double what I paid for the entire watch.
I put a canvas strap on it and it is still working flawlessly until today, but it always bugged me that I couldn't bring it back to OEM spec. Googling for the part never got me anywhere until today I found the actual part number!
Yay, right? Actually, no. The places that have it in stock ask between 120 and 150 dollars...more than a brand-new watch. WHAT THE FUCK?

Last edited:
My speculation: they produce a fixed number of watches and bracelets to bring down the costs.

When a replacement part is needed, a new batch needs to be produced in order to accommodate the need. People don't buy bracelets in anywhere close to the frequency as they do watches, so while it may cost them the same money to make them, they're sitting on inventory that may never be depleted.

It affects all brands. Need a replacement stainless Rolex oyster bracelet? That may run you $3k or more new.

My speculation: they produce a fixed number of watches and bracelets to bring down the costs.

When a replacement part is needed, a new batch needs to be produced in order to accommodate the need. People don't buy bracelets in anywhere close to the frequency as they do watches, so while it may cost them the same money to make them, they're sitting on inventory that may never be depleted.

It affects all brands. Need a replacement stainless Rolex oyster bracelet? That may run you $3k or more new.
Yeah, makes sense...
I found a place that has it for 40 Euros. Not sure it is worth it for such a pedestrian watch, but I'd like to have it back to spec.

Does the Guile watch go with everything, just like his theme?

Probably.

I love those Seikos and the Omega. All of those are on my "I Have Fuck-You Money" list.

The Omega Constellation Globemaster is an interesting watch, but the name is as silly as "Ford Mustang Cobra".

Mum bought me this bad boy for my birthday
88df5af8a9747500085f4f302dfbff17.jpg

Hooray for smooth transactions on Watchuseek. You know it's a good sign when the seller sends you a picture of his dog guarding the package before sending it out, and of course I have to send a picture back of my own dog sniffing around the package. What watch, you say? Watch (har har) this space.

Edit: Here it is, a Chopard L.U.C. 2000 Sport. Stunning microrotor movement and sparkly dial (the brown-looking markers are actually shiny and polished).
PB160784.JPG
PB160782.JPG

Last edited:
Playing around with my crude lightbox and this thing looks a good deal better when the markers are reflecting something that's not brown wall.
PB190788.JPG

Also played with the Grand Seiko, and if you were wondering what the point was of this whole zaratsu polishing thing, check out the reflections on the case and bezel. It's nuts.
PB190795.JPG

Hey @Nabster (or any other watch nerd), @Dr_Grip has access to an old Omega and he would like to know more about it:
photo_2020-12-18_10-58-53.jpg
photo_2020-12-18_10-58-58.jpg

Looks like it's from the 60s or 70s based on the font in the logo, but I don't know much about watches, so I'm probably wrong.