Post Your Watches

Well, looks like very likely 80s or perhaps early 90s to me.

The Deville line was one of their more budget lines, which is evidenced by the gold plated case and the stainless back. It's going to be a fairly simple quartz movement, which means easy service if needed. For specifics, it's not a brand I have a ton of knowledge in, the reference engraved on the back is probably a good start, but I do know that Omega generally engraves the specific model number on the inside of the caseback. So it should be a simple matter of opening up the back to get the reference number to get the specific info on the watch.

Playing with my macro lens again and it just confirms that zaratsu polishing is insanely clean. You can see here that, among other things, the minutes track on the dial gets reflected in the sides of the hour markers, and you can actually read the serial number of my camera lens in its reflection on the bezel!

PC190809.JPG

Just started getting into the watch game. Here's my daily driver I've been wearing for the past year.

Shinola Monster automatic Diver

132005994_421996125620992_5266912364239151340_n.jpg

Spring drive Grand Seikos are magical. Congrats.

So Richard Mille is basically the Bugatti of the watch world?

[ame]

More like a Koenigsegg, given the extreme level of bespoke parts and lack of association with a big conglomerate.

...if Koeniggsegs were hideous, gaudy, tasteless and stupidly expensive.

Based on the picture of the Grand Seiko, your wrist might be borderline for Speedmaster Professional fitment. Have you tried one on in person before?

Based on the picture of the Grand Seiko, your wrist might be borderline for Speedmaster Professional fitment. Have you tried one on in person before?
No but I already know the Speedmaster Pro will probably look too large on my thin wrists, that's why my attention is geared towards a pre-owned Speedmaster Reduced, whose case size will probably fit better for me.

That's why I got my First Omega In Space Speedmaster; looks less bulky on my own thin (6.3 inches around) wrist. They have the same lug to lug, so if that's still an obstacle, might as well go for either the Reduced or the later coaxial Speedmaster 38.

I wasn't aware the Reduced model existed, but I don't see a problem with it.
If it allows people with smaller wrists to wear such a nice timepiece, even better.

Ok, I have a quest for you:
Mechanical watch, around 42mm, display back, black dial, arabic numerals, red seconds hand (whole hand, if possible), under 300 bucks.
I have found a few Seikos that fit this description, but they range from "hard to find" to "impossible to find".
1610021225210.png

1610021308741.png

1610021409218.png

1610021481418.png

1610021532994.png

It's not all Seikos, I swear! :LOL:

Case in point: Too bad it's way over my budget, at $449 (or quartz for $199)
1610021668979.png

No display back and $799 pricetag...
1610021845525.png

Apart from the $1800 pricetag, checks all boxes! ;)
1610021920427.png

Any suggestions? Did I miss anyone?

Yes I watched some reviews on the 38 Co-Axial as well.

I wasn't aware the Reduced model existed, but I don't see a problem with it.
If it allows people with smaller wrists to wear such a nice timepiece, even better.
The Reduced is also a full automatic movement vs manual winding also.

The Reduced is also a full automatic movement vs manual winding also.
Yeah, I read that. Personally I don't care that much about this particular aspect of wristwatches.

Per your question about red seconds hand, there's a few other options at Long Island Watch (URL below includes search terms):

In other news, I sent my Chopard to the service center in Miami at the beginning of December, and apparently I'll receive it back by the end of January due to parts not being available until then. Oof.

Last edited: