Post Your Watches

Per your question about red seconds hand, there's a few other options at Long Island Watch (URL below includes search terms):

In other news, I sent my Chopard to the service center in Miami at the beginning of December, and apparently I'll receive it back by the end of January due to parts not being available until then. Oof.
Hey, thanks!
That was helpful.

So I hit up a local jewelers shop that is also an authorized Omega dealer.

The Speedmaster 38 Co-Axial: it sat well on my wrist, but for a chronograph, I didn't like how small the face looked. Also with my crappy eyesight, I prefer a larger face if its that busy with complications.

The Speedmaster Pro: the watch face size was much better to my tastes, but the lug to lug width was too much for my thin wrists and the overhang on both ends was really bad.

So I'm off the Speedmaster wagon for now, neither was a good fit for me and I'm gonna stop thinking about it for a while. lol

That's a pity. Not to make it worse, but I just received an aftermarket padded strap for my FOIS and it looks way better than the rather dull and flat original strap. Same lug to lug as the Pro though so this wouldn't be the solution to your dilemma.

P1080812.JPG

That's a pity. Not to make it worse, but I just received an aftermarket padded strap for my FOIS and it looks way better than the rather dull and flat original strap. Same lug to lug as the Pro though so this wouldn't be the solution to your dilemma.

View attachment 3559811
Actually not a bad thing, will quell my temptation to spend more money for a while ?

Maybe next year I'll look to buy a nice GMT.

Plenty of good Spring Drive options for those, though they're on the thick side.

TBH, trying on a few different chronographs (including a GS Spring Drive model) I'm not sure there's any point for me. I have a hard time reading the smaller dials on any of them with my eyesight.
received_405897203855722.jpeg

Oh I meant the non-chronograph GMTs. Yeah those spring drive chronographs are all wrong; huge, oddly laid out, and those pushers are far too long.

Last edited:
Good lord, this thing is insane, 2mm total thickness case

Wait till you see one in person. The best way I've been able to describe it is that it looks like special effects. It's absurd to hold and look at.

Does the price correlate negatively with the thickness?
As I recall that model starts at about $440,000, and goes up depending on the options and configuration the buyer opts for- there are a bunch of customization options that make up something like 195,000 possible configurations.

So yes, in this instance if you want the thinnest mechanical watch in the world you better have a fat wallet.

The 900P and 910P models have the same sort look with a more reasonable sub $30,000 price tag as well. You just have to settle with thicknesses of 3.65 and 4.3mm instead of 2. :mrgreen:

altiplanos.jpg

it looks like special effects
This reminds me of oil-filled watches. I never seen one in person, but I expect to have the same impression of "wait what? how is that possible?"

This reminds me of oil-filled watches. I never seen one in person, but I expect to have the same impression of "wait what? how is that possible?"
Oil filled? We use pressure gauges that are oil filled on burners. They're great because the oil dampens most variances in flow velocity. For a watch that seems incredibly overkill or I guess in a dive watch means that allowing water into the device makes it that much harder because the cavity is already full with something, in this case oil.

Oil filled? We use pressure gauges that are oil filled on burners. They're great because the oil dampens most variances in flow velocity. For a watch that seems incredibly overkill or I guess in a dive watch means that allowing water into the device makes it that much harder because the cavity is already full with something, in this case oil.
You are right about the pressure resistance, but it's not just that.
Filling it with a fluid also changes the usable viewing angle, making it look like the dial is right below the surface of the watch, which makes much more difference when underwater.
1610557479758.png

Of course, for everyday watches it's much more of a party trick, but whatever. It's cool. :D

Of course, for everyday watches it's much more of a party trick, but whatever. It's cool. :D

So... like all watches? :D

"This can withstand 10ft of water" or "I can dive down to 30 feet!" "Sir, this is a Wendy's, just take your food."

:D

As I recall that model starts at about $440,000, and goes up depending on the options and configuration the buyer opts for- there are a bunch of customization options that make up something like 195,000 possible configurations.

So yes, in this instance if you want the thinnest mechanical watch in the world you better have a fat wallet.
I can only imagine the fit/finish tolerances of the components would make an F1 engine look like it was built with caveman tools...