Post Your Watches

I was out running errands and stopped by a local AD for multiple high end brands.

For fun I tried on a JLC Reverso, I thought it looked good, fit well and is now on my radar as a future purchase. ⌚??
received_1593005597551230.jpeg

Speaking of watches I would love to see in person:

FINALLY getting my Chopard back tomorrow. Took nearly two months but they're done swapping the date wheel and doing a full service. Maybe I should've sent it straight to the factory rather than their Florida service center.

It's back and it's spectacular, including an aftermarket Speedmaster-style bracelet.
P2050831.JPG

Also, dat movement.
P2050834.JPG

I noticed recently that Timex has some chronograph and exposed... um, gear stuff on the face and back. Any reason why one should not buy one? Sure it’s not Swiss baby oil lubricator, but they look quite nice. About the most I’d want is the leather strap that Weiss watch uses because I umm, have family members that work at the leather tannery it comes from.

I noticed recently that Timex has some chronograph and exposed... um, gear stuff on the face and back. Any reason why one should not buy one? Sure it’s not Swiss baby oil lubricator, but they look quite nice. About the most I’d want is the leather strap that Weiss watch uses because I umm, have family members that work at the leather tannery it comes from.
We need pictures and/or a reference so we can look at it!
But definitely buy one if it's not priced out of your comfort zone.

We need pictures and/or a reference so we can look at it!
But definitely buy one if it's not priced out of your comfort zone.

$109

Capture.PNG

"Waterbury" $259
Capture.PNG

With the way you worded your post, it looked like you meant the chronograph and the exposed-mechanics watch were the same. The chronograph is pretty competitively priced; you can get something similar to the mechanical one from, say, Orient for a bit less, but that has less of a personal connection for you.
https://www.longislandwatch.com/Orient_RA_AG0015L10A_Watch_p/ra-ag0015l10a.htm

With the way you worded your post, it looked like you meant the chronograph and the exposed-mechanics watch were the same.
I had the same impression. With that said, I prefer when the visible mechanism is in the back, but that's just personal preference. The chronograph is nice.

Pretty!

Whats your opinion on the Frederique Constant brand. I know its a smaller Swiss company accquired by the Citizen group but its still allowed to operate indpendently so I don't consider it a 'Japanese Swiss brand'. The classic Index and Moonphase watches are quite nice and for the price point, they are like budget Patek, Vacheron watches IMHO

9172524TUnL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

Not my style, but looks nice enough.

They're in that near-luxury space where Oris and Longines sit, except without the heritage of those brands; not a ripoff, but not a bargain.

Help I can't stop putting bracelets on this watch. Latest one is the Uncle Seiko brushed/polished Holzer. There are moments when I really like it, and other moments where I can't unsee a Maurice Lacroix Aikon wannabe.
P2280877.JPG
P2280869.JPG

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210303-074440.jpg
    Screenshot_20210303-074440.jpg
    613.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I am really liking those 4 new watches. They have something else that sets them apart but it's not overdone. Very elegant.
If I could afford it, I would get a Kanro (Autumn).
1614876495973.png

There's an eBay coupon (expires end of today, for buy it now sales only) for 10% off watches above $2k, and I just snagged a JLC Reverso Grand Taille. 42mm lug to lug so it'll be manageable on my slim wrists. Now to wait for it to arrive.