Post Your Watches

The 24hr bezel is fixed, right? Also do you remember the dial size?

Nope, it's bi-directional and rotates nicely with positive feedback.

Dial size, I'm not sure. Case is 44mm though. About as big as I can wear with my girly man 6.5" wrist.

Thinking about this as a strap for my new Citizen.

Gave the old Casio a new "leather" strap, since the original metal band is unobtanium.
1624038135610.png

Something that may interest classic anime fans, especially Miyazaki movies. I found out about this upcoming limited ed Seiko in collaboration with Studio Ghibli, based on the 80s film Laputa, one of my favorites. Luckily I found a local Seiko AD who is able to place an order and I just paid a deposit today ?

kv.jpg

b.jpg

I'm not typically a fan of themed tie-in watches, but that's tastefully done.

I'm not typically a fan of themed tie-in watches, but that's tastefully done.

I know what you mean, the tie in watches for Jojo Bizarre Adventure were a little too flamboyant for me.

Screenshot_20210706-105905.jpg

So for a laugh I got this quartz movement powered KO Homage of the Rolex Daytona panda dial by Chinese company Pagani Design (their own logo a KO of Porsche Design) after reading surprisingly good reviews of the finish, quality and function. And for $70 shipped, why the hell not? ?

I might start building a collection of 'cheap watches' to wear when traveling overseas or more sketchy locations, so if it gets lost or stolen = zero F's given ?

After planning for a while, undecided about the model, I finally own a Seiko 5 again.
I previously owned a SNK809, but at 37mm I found it too small for me, but I liked the looks. The dangers of buying watches from the internet.
1625812275032.png

Fast forward a few years and Seiko now has the SRPG41K1, which is 40mm, so I ask a local dealer and they order one, no strings attached.
And I loved it.
1625812416258.png

I know they are the NA Miata of mechanical watches, but I don't care. :LOL: I am very happy with it.

Went to the Dark side and picked up a Chinese KO Hulk off of Amazon for $100. ?

received_178341931004085.jpeg

Uses an off the shelf Seiko automatic movement. Bought it for ****s & giggles & pure curiosity, also plan to hop in the pool sometime and see if it'll still work after taking a dip. ?

received_254188856126598.jpeg

And even has a clear case back unlike the actual Rolex Sub lol.

Seiko movements in those? I might be tempted now too... Could be nice to have a decent looking (and functioning) watch that you could stand to lose in a mugging.

Seiko movements in those? I might be tempted now too... Could be nice to have a decent looking (and functioning) watch that you could stand to lose in a mugging.

Yep a Seiko NH35A movement, cheap & reliable.

Also agree pieces like this are nice for wearing something functional, nice looking but in situations where you don't worry about them getting lost/stolen.

I'm such a cheap bastard.
I ordered a replacement metal band for my old trusty Casio 15 years after it broke, instead of using that as an excuse to buy a new watch.

On somewhat related news, I was talking to a friend about luxury watches and how we found them generally unappealing. I asked if she ever heard about the Grand Seiko, and she didn't. I showed her the Shunbun SBGA413 and her eyes widened.
"-Oh, THAT is something I'd like. So elegant. I bet it's tens of thousands of Euros.
-More like 6 thousand Euros.
-Huh.
-Now check this:
*I proceed to explain the Spring drive and show her a video of the sweep*.
-GET THE FUCK OUT. This is worth every cent."

Seems like I managed to convince someone to (eventually) buy a Grand Seiko hahahaha.

1626553391342.png

Exciting stuff: this is going to be my last extravagant watch purchase of the year. Picked it up from the AD last night.

Seiko Presage SPB215 limited edition. Part of their Studio Ghibli anime collaboration for the film Laputa Castle in the Sky

FB_IMG_1627053000325.jpg

FB_IMG_1627053006056.jpg

FB_IMG_1627053010844.jpg

Planning to take some unworn product photos before I remove the leather straps (they have some specialized engraving related to the film) which I don't want to ruin by wearing against my skin. Already ordered some cheap 20mm leather straps I plan to try on and will wear the piece from time to time.

Removed the stock brown leather strap and threw on a suede blue strap that I can wear and gross up with my sweat.

Before:
FB_IMG_1627312906357.jpg

After:
FB_IMG_1627312914133.jpg

FB_IMG_1627312922147.jpg

Overall pretty happy with the new look ?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1627312906357.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627312906357.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 72
I absolutely love that blue. It brings out the subtle logo on the face nicely.

Thanks, yeah I thought the original color combo leaned too heavily into brown, needed to offset with more blue IMHO.