Post Your Watches

View attachment 3561732

So for a laugh I got this quartz movement powered KO Homage of the Rolex Daytona panda dial by Chinese company Pagani Design (their own logo a KO of Porsche Design) after reading surprisingly good reviews of the finish, quality and function. And for $70 shipped, why the hell not? ?

I might start building a collection of 'cheap watches' to wear when traveling overseas or more sketchy locations, so if it gets lost or stolen = zero F's given ?

So I ended up buying this PD Daytona homage a couple months ago and just wear it as one of my work watches and out and about when I'm in the mood. It's a mecha-quartz chrono movement and the quality is perfectly fine especially for the cheap price. Not bad at all ??

IMG_20210721_154831_1.jpg

The girlfriend overdelivered on the birthday gift, and (accidentally) early:

G2ID7RP.jpg

Family friend of mine recently picked up the GS SBGE271, aka the 'Fall' watch from the new 4 seasons collection of GMTs.

Top-image.jpg

I got to try it on and its definitely a beautiful piece in person.

received_380745590450815.jpeg

Attachments

• received_380745590450815.jpeg
    received_380745590450815.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 89
Grand Seiko <3

I think I'm probably going to end up selling my Castle in the Sky edition Seiko Presage some time next year. I'm kind of over wearing it, see it as more of a collectors art piece than something to wear daily, and scanning outlets like C24 and eBay, most of the available listed watches FS have vanished with the prices rapidly climbing on the remaining pieces, might be a good move to let mine go in the next 5-6 months (I have more than enough nice pieces I actually want to wear) ?
received_282407520442480.jpeg

screenshot_20211028-102053.jpg

Am I being too careful when I avoid wearing my Seiko 5 while playing squash?
I know it's a cheap-ish 200 Euro piece, but it feels like I'd be abusing it, so the quartz Casio is on duty.

I know it's a cheap-ish 200 Euro piece, but it feels like I'd be abusing it, so the quartz Casio is on duty.
My opinion is something in the Seiko 5 price range is meant to be worn and beaten and used. Doesn't make much sense IMHO to treat it overly-precious like a safe queen. ?

You're only as careful as you want to be. So no, be careful.

You're being very helpful :LOL:

Picked up this cheap gem for less than $100: a Vostok manual wind with subseconds dial ref no 581882.

PSX_20211026_082537.jpg

Utterly basic with no stop seconds hacking when setting the time and a power reserve approx 44 hrs.

So I'm selling a piece in my collection to fund my next purchase and debating between these two GS automatic GMTs, they are mechanically identical with just the following differences:

PhotoGrid_1635757409870.jpg

SBGM249 - Purple Mt Iwate dial, limited Ed to 50 pieces, GS Ginza Wako boutique special edition. I can get this for around $7k on the bracelet. Japan market edition only.

SBGM241 - Green Mt Iwate dial, a special edition collaboration with the AD chain Watches of Switzerland, much easier to obtain than the purple dial Wako. I can get this for around $5500 + another $500 for a genuine GS metal bracelet identical to the 1st watch, so about $1k price differemce.

Purple - going to be harder to fine, more special and more of a 'statement piece' plus it's rarity may hold its value better over the years.

Green - going to be much more versatile and worn regularly, easier to obtain and cheaper.

Everyone's input is welcome. ?

I think the Purple looks much better. Classy with a hint of color.

They both look good, I'm drawn more to the green - but the lavender would look great with the suit I'm wearing this week to a wedding.

If you can get the purple, I would go for it just because there are so many other watches to be had with a green face.

Winners of the 2021 GP Horologie de Geneve, some familiar watches and some totally exotic

Having multiple watches with the same nonstandard lug width (in my case, three watches with 19mm) feels like having multiple cars with the same wheel bolt pattern and offset. Being able to share those bolt-on bits feels pretty satisfying.

I went a completely different direction. My friends have recommended that I should get a heart rate monitor for cycling so I can better regulate my exertion. So I bought my first... digital watch. (ew, that feels dirty to say)

PXL_20211230_150349063.jpg

Garmin Instinct Solar. It doesn't have the full color display of the typical smart watch, but I also got it for $280. With the right light exposure and not using the pulse-oximeter feature too much, it theoretically never needs to be charged.

Last edited:
Hey, digital watches are useful.
This is nice.