Poutine

Oh man, that looks magical.

Lunch stop during a road trip at a fromagerie in the region where poutine was invented.

Poutine for the whole family!

Top left pulled pork, top right popcorn chicken, bottom right onion rings.

IMG_20221009_140308.jpg

My arteries are clogging just loking at that. They all look so good, I'm not sure I could choose. Those hot dogs look tasty too, very red ketchup or maybe paint.

Thread bump.

Our new go-to local Greek offers 3 variety of poutine. Normal (that I never tried), Athena, a poutine with added chicken gyro, and Sparta, a poutine with added traditional gyro (hmmm, mystery meat, the best kind of meat).

Athena:
IMG_20231215_192512.jpg

Can't find a picture of the Sparta, so have this instead:

IMG_20221224_185536.jpg

Another one of my new classics, Italian poutine with extra Italian sausage, from the fromagerie midway between Montreal and Quebec City (perfect location for a road trip snack)

IMG_20231110_184608.jpg

Last day before Christmas break our cafeteria at work seems to have thought to themselves „well, everyone’s already off, let’s try sth“ and put „polish poutine“ on the menu. I have to add: poutine just isn’t a thing here. 90%+ of people won’t even know what it is.
This Polish variety was: fries (duh) + fried cauliflower + hollandaise. Basically just a mound of fat lol. In the end it turned out to be exactly what I expected. It wasn’t great, but mainly because of shitty cafeteria fried cauliflower and the crap hollandaise. It could’ve been fun. Oh well…

Trying a new Poutine restaurant chain.

Counter clockwise, from the bottom left:

Smoked meat poutine with Pepper sauce, Italian poutine, popcorn chicken poutine, and a galvaude (poutine with chicken and green peas).

Mine was the first one.

IMG_20240103_135003.jpg