Powerslide

pimpinteddy

How do I powerslide the car if i have an automatic and cant build up the revs with the clutch that would lead to wheel spin.:?

I discovered my sister's horribly underpowered Couger can do powersliding in the rain. I started off kinda slow, about 10mph. Then lifted off the gas, turned hard into the corner, floored it, opposite lock, and wheeee! :D I think with an auto it really helps to have some outside force reducing your traction (i.e. the rain). Unless of course you've got a powerful car like my brother's Trans Am, then just enough skinny pedal will do the trick.

How do I powerslide the car if i have an automatic and cant build up the revs with the clutch that would lead to wheel spin.:?

what car are we talking about here?

I'd imagine easiest way is to hold it in D1 and break traction with some lift off over steer and then power through it.

the 330xi will not powerslide nicely on dry pavement rain is iffy and snow, go ahead. The gran marqui, why? and the evo 4 rally car is an auto?

the 330xi will not powerslide nicely on dry pavement rain is iffy and snow, go ahead. The gran marqui, why? and the evo 4 rally car is an auto?

I dont know since the EVO isnt mine and i havent driven it yet. and I thoght the Gran Marqui might be useful because it has a police spec V8 and is RWD

this just sounds like a bad idea in the making

I dont know since the EVO isnt mine and i havent driven it yet.
Firstly, I don't think an Evo even comes with a slushbox and, secondly, an Evo has more computing power than NASA and it's programmed in such a way that it will slide for you just by turning it hard and fast into a corner. No extra work required :thumbup: Just make sure you have a lot of open tarmac to play with.

:?

Is this a lancer EVO or something else I have never heard of, I personallly have never seen an evo before. This somehow reminds me of this guy from work who has a lancer base model and told me hes goin drop in the 2.0 litre turbo from the evo rally car.... what a cool dude. Isn't the lancer evo actaully based off of the cedia platform if im not mistaken?

what a thread... I can already hear the sound of deforming metal... :?

anyway, I hope you don?t get hurt too badly...

I discovered my sister's horribly underpowered Couger can do powersliding in the rain. I started off kinda slow, about 10mph. Then lifted off the gas, turned hard into the corner, floored it, opposite lock, and wheeee! :D I think with an auto it really helps to have some outside force reducing your traction (i.e. the rain). Unless of course you've got a powerful car like my brother's Trans Am, then just enough skinny pedal will do the trick.

Hell, i even managed some nice powerslides in a Hyundai H100 (or Grace as it's called in some places), which is a rwd mid-engined white van with a sodding lame diesel engine (2.5l, 79hp and 196Nm). But unloaded on wet roads, just floor it in mid turn and do some nice opposite lock. I think it looked really weird, me powersliding all over town in a white Hyundai van...
piccie:
1995_Hyundai_Grace_Sweden.JPG

Bottom line: powersliding is easy as long as you have a means to make the rear tyres lose traction. I would advise you to try it on a large area with little obstacles fior your first try. People get really aggravated when you block an intersection because you were just a tad late with opposite lock and spun out (yes, i know that from experience :mrgreen:), not to mention you crashing your car into other stuff when you spin out of control...

Last edited:
Is this a lancer EVO or something else I have never heard of, I personallly have never seen an evo before. This somehow reminds me of this guy from work who has a lancer base model and told me hes goin drop in the 2.0 litre turbo from the evo rally car.... what a cool dude. Isn't the lancer evo actaully based off of the cedia platform if im not mistaken?

The US got the EVO and beleive Mitsubishi said it will be in Canada this year.
For more info on the US Version click here

I have seen one around Calgary but not sure if its real one or just the body kit I know few made it in before Transport Canada cracked down on them

Crushed up the side of one of your cars yet, pimpinteddy?

Powersliding is like foreplay. It's harder than it sounds, it's all about gentle nuance, and nobody is good at it the first time.

Nobody.

I have seen one around Calgary but not sure if its real one or just the body kit I know few made it in before Transport Canada cracked down on them
Which they did because...?

Firstly, I don't think an Evo even comes with a slushbox and, secondly, an Evo has more computing power than NASA and it's programmed in such a way that it will slide for you just by turning it hard and fast into a corner. No extra work required :thumbup: Just make sure you have a lot of open tarmac to play with.
Did the older Evos really have all the clever active diffs and AYC etc? I think they just had "normal" 4WD. Still ones traction is lost in a 4WD just keep your foot down and you will be fine.

pimpinteddy: Don't try powersliding the Evo unless you're not used to driving 4WD. They can bite back hard if you don't know what you're doing. And I'm guessing your friend won't we happy when you crash his rallyprepped car which costs a lot of money to setup.

Last edited:
Crushed up the side of one of your cars yet, pimpinteddy?

Powersliding is like foreplay. It's harder than it sounds, it's all about gentle nuance, and nobody is good at it the first time.

Nobody.

not yet i was doing it at an empty parkinglot right in the middle to avaoid doing anything that bad.

Absolutely. Just floor at about an angle of 70-80 degrees from your original position. Even the 330xi should slide a bit before the front end catches it.