Pre-episode: [03x02] NZ South Island

Ravenlord

Car(s)
Austin-Healey, Ducati, Land Rover, Range Rover
From Top Gear's Transmission blog: http://au.transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2010/10/21/onto-the-next-show/

"...a massive change of scenery from South Australia?s arid outback to the awesome beauty, ice and snow of New Zealand?s south island."

Shane, Steve and Ewen meet at Wanaka to drive the route used for the Race To The Sky hillclimb and perhaps pay their respect to Possum Bourne.

Ewen drives "a Group N rally car, Steve and Shane were in a highly original Kiwi invention? and The Stig?s Kiwi cousin, The Stug, was on something quite indescribable."

They're boasting about 'EPIC' helicopter shots - it'll be good to see how the "brave/stupid/mega-talented" Kiwi compares to the Romanian pilot.

Also,

• Ewen drives a Falcon (as in 'V8 Supercar') in traffic;
  • Michael Clark guests;
  • that Irritating Ponce in Pomland Good Shane flings a (not readily available in Australia) Corvette ZR1 around a (presumably) soggy track to test its 3.3s to 60mph claim.

[Either a clever way for Chevrolet to save money, or a good way to make sure your engine works, this year Chevrolet are offering Corvette ZR1 customer's a "Corvette Engine Build Experience" option for USD5,800. - which lets you help Bubba and Billy Bob put your V8 engine together.]

Last edited:
+1 to Warne off the air. His 4-5 minutes of drivel is eating into the good bits of the show, limited as it is.
and a big +1 to the Stug! Now we're seeing some authenticity sneaking in.. Only an Aussie can pull that one.

Having saw the first episode, I have to say I really look forward to the second episode of season 3, I feel like this is going to be their best season yet. I like the new hosts way better than the old.

So wanna see the V8 Supercar on Sydney roads. Probly see it being overtake by cyclists every few seconds while it sits in clover-moores gridlock.....
ROFL

So wanna see the V8 Supercar on Sydney roads. Probly see it being overtake by cyclists every few seconds while it sits in clover-moores gridlock.....

That is something they could put a V8 in - a cycleway-eating V8-powered bicycle. Of course, the engine would need to be disguised, perhaps as a large "Go Faster Juice" drink bottle. Then see how fast they could cross the city using the cycle lanes.

Cannot WAIT to see the V8 supercar around Sydney, even if it is a Ford :)

drive the route used for the Race To The Sky hillclimb and perhaps pay their respect to Possum Bourne.

Pity they didn't impart any knowledge about Race To The Sky, its history, the course, the dangers, nor notable drives/drivers.

They're boasting about 'EPIC' helicopter shots - it'll be good to see how the "brave/stupid/mega-talented" Kiwi compares to the Romanian pilot.

Nowhere near as crazy as the Romanian chopper pilot!