Pre-episode: [03x03] Budget Baby Boomers

Ravenlord

Car(s)
Austin-Healey, Ducati, Land Rover, Range Rover
Top Gear Australia's blog previews episode three.

Next episode is a challenge: grey nomadic 4x4 caravaneering on the cheap.

Plus:

• Steve reviews an ?affordable? Lamborghini
  • The Stig laps said ?affordable? Lamborghini
  • The Chaser are guests
  • <_< Warney drives something wild

Now for some spoilers:

From Stiggie's earlier set report, this episode has the boys...
finding out whether or not retirees who'd had their superannuation funds wiped out by the global financial crisis could still become grey nomads if they did it on a budget. The caravans didn't fare too well. Remember when the UK boys tried to drive with a bowl of water in their laps without spilling it? The Aussie hosts had a race while towing caravans where they each had a large bowl of urine in their laps.

As for Shane Warne's bit, he might be driving a Caparo T1 - built by engineers formerly involved in the development of the McLaren F1 and with about twice the power to weight ratio of a Bugatti Veyron. 0-100 in under 2.5 seconds.
This is the car that burst into flames with Fifth Gear's Jason Plato inside. And, despite severe OH&S safety precautions, an abundance of ambulances, plus several circling helicopters, still had the floor fall off during JC's test drive. Thankfully he was able to quickly perform the Team America Secret Signal, much to Disaster's annoyance.

Last edited:
That would be nice, but somehow if Shane Warne had been killed in a godsend horrible, fiery disaster, I think we'd have heard about it.

Oh fuck, just as I read this that fucking Advanced Hair Studio ad with him came on....

THE TV KNOWS WHAT I'M READING