Pre-ringmeet roadtrip 2015, let the planning commence! [Long Finland/Norway Roadtrip]

Joined the meet for one stop here in my neck of the woods. Good luck guys, hope you have better luck from now on. Getting parts and tires when you're more on the north may be a bit more challenging :)

I tagged along for the first two days with the MX-5 with Posmo co-driving. It was great fun and next year I definitely have to drive through the whole roadtrip. Good luck everybody, you're gonna need it! :D (and I'm gonna miss all the fun)

Pre-ringmeet roadtrip 2015, let the planning commence! [Long Finland/Norway R...

Pre-ringmeet roadtrip 2015, let the planning commence! [Long Finland/Norway R...

Made it to Ristij?rvi with no further problems for anyone.
HMS Saab rejoined the group before dinner.

Last edited:
It's 9.20 and morning crew is just about ready to move :blink:

Who's the morning crew? Only you I guess. :lol:

Edit: "Ready to move" and "actually moving" are two very different things, as I found out on previous FG trips. ;)

Last edited:
I did pretty much the same trip as Lastsoul (apart from not having a co-driver). The first two days in my Porsche 944 were a joy. It would have been awesome to do the whole trip but I just couldn?t afford it. A huge thank you to DaBoom and Public(?s parents) for giving us roofs on top of our heads for the first nights.

I am assuming that you got the Saab running? How long did it take without Posmo?

Who's the morning crew? Only you I guess. :lol:

Edit: "Ready to move" and "actually moving" are two very different things, as I found out on previous FG trips. ;)

It was almost 50/50 split. We waited 'till 9.45 before taking off. The rest left pretty soon after and skipped the whole planned route. :lol:

Also something unsurprising to note, water is getting cooler steadily, as quite a few people have been trying some swimming, since we're staying by lakes almost constantly (all nights after my place). :cool:

It was almost 50/50 split. We waited 'till 9.45 before taking off. The rest left pretty soon after and skipped the whole planned route. :lol:

That sounds familiar. :lol:

Mornin' again. This time I'll provide some teasers in the form of midnight setting from last night. :)

upload_-1.jpg

Team T5 is today the first to be done and have the car readily packed at 9:55 for sendoff 10:00. It's currently 10:26 and i sit in my heated car surfing FG awaiting further instructions. T5 has gone through 2.5 liters of oil (at 1331 and 1126km after last fillup.) Business as usual - found a 5l can of Gulf oil, so it'll be fine :D

Last edited:
Yeah, even though I will be leaving on Sunday to join the Mini Roadtrip > Ringmeet I can't help being more than a little envious of those whose funds and vacation time permitted their participation in this.