Pre-ringmeet roadtrip 2015, let the planning commence! [Long Finland/Norway Roadtrip]

Who says Ringmeet has to happen at the 'Ring? The Paris-Dakar rally changed venue a while back so why don't we find a track in Finland where we could camp nearby, book a whole day of laps and resurrect the scenic drive for the other main day of the meet?

That could be nice too, but I don't think moving the RINGmeet away from the Ring is possible at this point. Besides, this is the roadtrip thread (despite the confusing naming) ;)

Fuck yeah Norway and Finland. After watching the Norway video posted in the photography thread I knew that was where I wanted to go, adding Finland in just makes it even more awesome. I'm going to investigate ferries immediately and plan what needs to be done to the Disco. :D

The Disco will have 3 spare seats too.

Last edited:
Ah, the elusive Disco tries to strike again.. :p

Anyway, back to the proposed trip. Track day is a thing I had thought of as well. As usual everything is just about schedule and budget. There's at least two tracks on the way we could easily visit. They both have open days at around 60e/car for those who want to take part. Other than that I had scetched the route to be about two weeks long, like previous years. And while I understand some can't spend so long traveling, there are several airports to fly to on the way to shorten the time. :)

And regarding budget, fuel will be the main issue as, excluding Italy, we are in most expensive countries in Europe on that front. We have been talking about several places to stay, which will be either free or very cheap for us. So for those passengering, this could be done fairly cheaply. Adrian had some contacts on Norwegian side, but I don't know yet how many of those would benefit us and IIRC 3 (out of 4 or 5) nights on Finnish side can be organized through "connections", one being my house. :)

Last edited:
I know of a nice motocross track to put some tents on in Finland ;)

And count me in, if all goes to plan...I'd love to return to Finland and Norway!

Just have public stack up on cheap motors :nod: You get a Polo Classic! You get a Polo Classic! Everybody gets a Polo Classic!

We could buy cheap shitty cars with a month's MOT from .fi...

Thats not the Nurburgring!

That route does look awesome and is in my eventual todo list, but I was hoping the tradition of roadtripping to the Green Hell would continue and have started putting money away for that.
We plan on taking the ferry from Oslo to Kiel. If we get 10 people in 5 cars it's 120 EUR each iirc (more=cheaper,) way cheaper than being bored through sweden. Another option is Larvik (30 min from my place) to Hirtshals and 10-12 hours to the ring.

EDIT: If i'm not totally wrong i can hook us up with all the nights except Geiranger/Atlantic road detour for sleeping arrangements.

Last edited:
We could buy cheap shitty cars with a month's MOT from .fi...

We plan on taking the ferry from Oslo to Kiel. If we get 10 people in 5 cars it's 120 EUR each iirc (more=cheaper,) way cheaper than being bored through sweden.

:nod: start out with one Finnish banger per participant, and attrition will make sure it'll be down to half a car each once you reach Oslo :lol:

Adrian: Do you have excellent scrapyard connections as well?

Can only scrap .no registered cars here, sadly. But i have plenty of people who will give you some funny NOK so they can take it out in a field and hoon until it dies :lol:

Going back to the banger rally also sounds good to me. :lol:

Beni, I want to drive around that track. :p

The only reasons I've been on the past 3 roadtrips was because of their relative proximity. If I'm going to make it to that one, I'll need plane tickets.

Then again, I do want to drive my car on the ring again, so would need plane tickets back home (and earlier than the rest).

Hmm...

So, I guess I should keep an eye on this thread...since discussion of my next holiday has started.

i'll try and borrow some car from the parents and would love to take part... will see what other plans around that time dictate.

You already have a porsche style layout cabrio, what do you need to borrow a car for? :D

You already have a porsche style layout cabrio, what do you need to borrow a car for? :D

you try driving a long distance in that "porsche style layout cabrio" (as you so nicely put it <3), and you'll know why i don't want to do would not survive that

Last edited:
Not really, no, as it all depends on schedules and events N?rburgring throws at us. Something between July 10th - August 8th..? :p

So...are we adding some more destinations to this trip? That timeline seems a little long for that distance. :p