Pre-ringmeet roadtrip 2015, let the planning commence! [Long Finland/Norway Roadtrip]

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
Might as well put up a thread to keep non-IRC people more or less up to date with some silly ideas and plans. :cool:

So, as some people mentioned they'd like to visit Finland I combined it with my own plans, as I've wanted to visit Nordkapp, or Norway in general at some point. So, we sketched something with Adrian: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zaCzfo-3sUIE.k8HlsItHgUko

preview:
TeamSpeak%2B3%2B2.10.2014%2B202125.jpg

We'll see if this happens, of if it will go like last (this) years planning, but it's a start. :)

Last edited:
i1uk2MA.png

Indeed an epic-looking route, and an opportunity to visit Scandinavia at last. But 4600 km (as DaBoom said in IRC) + going to Helsinki and returning from Oslo make that an expensive journey. :cry:
Perhaps with cost-sharing with passengers (or going as a passenger) it would be doable for me. I certainly will have an eye on this thread.

Hmmm, how much would it cost me to do that in Lucille....

On a slightly more relevant note, let's set a Ringmeet date (for the Oldtimer GP weekend, if you ask me) as soon as the Ring schedule is out - several Americans need all the time they can get for advance planning...

On a slightly more relevant note, let's set a Ringmeet date (for the Oldtimer GP weekend, if you ask me) as soon as the Ring schedule is out - several Americans need all the time they can get for advance planning...

We do that as early as we can, every year. The problem is that tourist drive information isn't available that many months in advance. And we're very much aware of the amount of planning people halfway across the globe need.

Last edited:
And for the full effect, nature-wise I would suggest an earlier date. Future will show whether this will work with N?rburgring events, but I'd like the trip to start at Helsinki around mid July or earlier if possible.

While I probably won't join the road trip, I will most definitely do my best to join the 2015 meet.

This is relevant to my interests.

I have actually wanted to visit the north for some time.

I may just fly in for the Roadtrip then duck the Ringmeet. This is most relevant to my interests.

I would imagine quite a lot of people would want to not drive their cars in for this one, so I'd imagine FinlandGear can expect a fair few requests for passengers.

So if you are interested in getting a seat in the only M52TU swapped Daytonaviolett E30 touring in the world (according to five minutes on the google) PayPal your maneys to me. :cool:

Anyway, proposed route looks really cool, I just hope I can afford to do the trip.

I have never been further north than Oulu, which is roughly halfway north from Helsinki. Definitely interested in doing the drive, and plan not to do it in the 205 but something else for the lulz.

I would imagine quite a lot of people would want to not drive their cars in for this one, so I'd imagine FinlandGear can expect a fair few requests for passengers.

Just have public stack up on cheap motors :nod: You get a Polo Classic! You get a Polo Classic! Everybody gets a Polo Classic!

Thats not the Nurburgring!

That route does look awesome and is in my eventual todo list, but I was hoping the tradition of roadtripping to the Green Hell would continue and have started putting money away for that. Money aside, this particular trip looks like its designed for your lengthy European vacations, and will blow all the time off I have out of the water.

I think BlaRo and I were going to try to go to Finland and drive down to Germany together.

Thats not the Nurburgring!

That route does look awesome and is in my eventual todo list, but I was hoping the tradition of roadtripping to the Green Hell would continue and have started putting money away for that. Money aside, this particular trip looks like its designed for your lengthy European vacations, and will blow all the time off I have out of the water.

I think BlaRo and I were going to try to go to Finland and drive down to Germany together.

People will still go to the ring after the trip. There are ways to get to Germany from Norway :)

Who says Ringmeet has to happen at the 'Ring? The Paris-Dakar rally changed venue a while back so why don't we find a track in Finland where we could camp nearby, book a whole day of laps and resurrect the scenic drive for the other main day of the meet?

this looks ossum
:motherofgod:
i'll try and borrow some car from the parents and would love to take part... will see what other plans around that time dictate.