Presenter challenge

brisca22

I think that clarkson, hammond and may should have a crack at stock car racing for one of their challenges. 650bhp custom built cars and full contact racing and all in the uk, i think it would make a great spectacle. If you dont know what stock car racing check out the link its definately worth a look!!!

www.myspace.com/briscaf1

then comment on if you think they should have a go :D

In the USA this is a stock car:

Stock_Car.jpg

bodine.jpg

What you are showing us is referred to as several things, but stock car is certainly not one of them. I guess the closest thing wold be Outlaw racing (http://www.worldofoutlawsracing.com) and those cars look like this:

racing1-640.jpg

0515c061.jpg

Last edited:
You might also see similar cars in USAC racing like these:

these are USAC midgets:

10001USAC_Midgets_EastLeads_Bern.jpg

this is a USAC sprint car:

STEELE.jpg

and there a few other variations on that theme as well, just thought I would let you know!

By the way, I think it would be quite cool. JC did race the legends cars in the "Stars in Fast Cars" show, and they are kind of similar, but not really.

They should do some rally-cross and build the cars themselfs! :D Or if they are on a tight budget they could go to sweden and do some "folkracing"

What is folkracing???

In the USA this is a stock car:

Stock_Car.jpg

This is not a stock car, but it's still called one:
bodine.jpg

Fixed the post for you. :p

Haha weird. I just checked my Myspace and I have a friend request from Brisca F1

I don't think the BBC would go for full contact racing - especially in those midget or sprint cars. Those things crash and burn more than me at a speed dating service.

Forget that, lawnmower racing FTW!

http://img227.imageshack.**/img227/9469/mfmow1es7.jpg

That would be good, i mean the lawnmover racing. The stock car racing is not that interesting in my humble opinion.