Preview: 2010 E-Class (56k: It'll take a while)

anti-net

Front:
MB-E-v.jpg

Back (Saloon):
MB-E-h.jpg

Back (Estate):
MB-E-T-h.jpg

Mercedes is set to release its next-generation E-class sedan by 2009, with sales to start soon after the car?s debut at the Geneva Motor Show. Remaining similar in size to the current model, the new E-class will pick up styling cues from the CLS four-door coup? as well as a new angular front end with four square shaped headlights.

Base models will be powered by a 184hp four-cylinder turbo engine, with the range topping out with a 544hp V8 model. New to the line up will be a direct injection petrol V6 model, a 354hp diesel V8 version and the all-new hybrid model that?s expected to arrive after 2010.

The interior will hopefully continue Mercedes? recent return to form in the quality department, and is expected to feature a mix of elements from the S and C-class models including a centrally mounted colour screen as well as an in-dash unit between the speedo and tachometer.

The new dash will feature a centrally mounted colour screen, but, like the S, there?ll also be a smaller unit located in the dash between the speedo and tachometer. The central control module and steering wheel uses a similar design to the ones used in the new C-class, and the side mirrors will also pick up the same integrated indicators.

A wagon variant will hit the market less than 12 months after the launch of the sedan and will feature a widened C-pillar and a chrome strip across its rear.

A second E-Class variant is rumoured to stretch 20cm longer than the standard E-Class and be manufactured in China. It will be aimed at emerging markets where the owner of the car only ever experiences it from the back seat.

Source

For Some reason they appear to have made the front pig ugly there no need to separate the lights!

What the hell did they do to the front? The fogs look terrible and the separate headlights are simply retarded.

I thought they had disguised the front in pre-production versions to look like the Lexus GS.:dunno:

I think it looks great, especially the front

then again, I like exciting cars

Not the first time they're doing separate headlamps.

Yes but I was hoping it would be the last. The C-class lamps look better IMO

I hate it already. How come the E-class is always the ugliest merc?

It does look like it's from China/Pacific Rim.

Look how miserable that girl's face looks driving it.

It does look like it's from China/Pacific Rim.

Look how miserable that girl's face looks driving it.

my thoughts exactly, imagine a MB finally looking like a 90s korean car.

It looks.. Cheap.. It's how i'd imagine a korean Merc knock-off would look like.

Terrible headlamps. Apart from that the front looks very similar. Overall meh.

Dear God save me from that monstrosity....I havn't seen a nice car made by mercedes since the CLS.

I have been relatively quiet when I see an ugly mercedes..but I just can't stand to be quiet. I adore Mercedes cars pre-1990. Every single car they made was an absolute beuty...technology, reliability and looks wise. Now...just looks like a bad looking hyundai. This is absolute nonsense...WHO would buy that?

I think that it looks ok from the back. Anywhere else is just meh.

Last edited:
Nice mercedes, looks kinda like an expensive wristwatch... they seriously need to lose those fogs, they're terrible.