Priceless: Forum member welds his differential.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
Ok, so this should be explained to all you non-off road types. Extreme rock crawlers that are trailered to the trail heads often have a mod called a "welded diff." The idea is to weld the gears in the diff that allow for uneven power distribution so the rear axle becomes a solid piece again. This is a cheap and easy way to get the performance of a selectable locking differential in a trail-only rig (most of which are illegal to run on the streets anyway due to lift, tire size, etc).

So some guy over at Pirate4x4.com heard people talking about this mod and decided to give it a try, with priceless results.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763645

Alright, after reading a ton of threads on welding up gears for extra traction, i went ahead and welded mine up.

I put the third back in and went to pull out of my garage, and I just roasted my clutch. I figured that maybe there was some slag left in the bearing, so i dropped it in 4lo and lo and behold something broke loose.
MY FUCKING DRIVE LINE.

I'm really pissed at all this BS talk. I welded my junk really wel. And now my driveline is twisted up like a damn pretzel.

You are all a bunch of shit talkin Jerks.

What the hell did you all do differently?
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/09/20/2059412130104836601S425x425Q85.jpg

:stupid::roflmao:

Oh man, being pirate, he's going to get *savaged*. :lmao:

So some guy over at Pirate4x4.com heard people talking about this mod and decided to give it a try, with priceless results.
Except of course it was a Pirate joke. Damn good one though. Only beaten by the "Herculiner on my hootus" thread.

Last edited:
The only thing funnier than the weld is the forum's helpful tips to fix it.

Then it's an awesome prank, and still deserves a mention.

Plus the forum responses were priceless.

Is this is a new one? I remember something similar from a couple of years ago dude also fessed up

I have that exact picture on my computer and it's from 2009.

Edit: I failed at noticing that you linked to an old thread :p :cry:

Last edited:
hai guis i welded my tranny gear together to get better meshing and moer power to teh road but im burnin my clutch when i try to go out the garage help? pls

Oh that's beautiful. I don't even know how someone could think that was correct. They sell lockers for a reason but going on that performance I don't think he should be trusted with anything more mechanical than a spoon.

DON"T CLICK THAT LINK

Asshole

Oh that's beautiful. I don't even know how someone could think that was correct. They sell lockers for a reason but going on that performance I don't think he should be trusted with anything more mechanical than a spoon.

As I said in my first post, welding up a diff is a fairly common mod among dedicated rock-crawlers. You should hear them try to make tight turns on pavement or slickrock though, chirping tires the whole way.

Maybe I am just too used to teh internets, but I called Troll as soon as I read the title. Regardless, it's still a hilarious joke. :lol: