Prius Touring Edition

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
Who the hell cares about a Prius?? Seriously?
I have driven one... and from that day forward I can honestly say I hate it with a passion. You do not need Veyron-like performance in everyday driving but Prius is WAY too lazy.

PS. The second comment on that blogwhatever pretty much sums it up why the US needs a thing like a Prius and the rest of the world doesn't.

jopy666 said:
doesnt matter, hybrids are for pu55ies.
Gimme a Hummer any day of the weak over these little pissant cars.

Dear jopy666,

Thanks for making Americans look like asshats. Way to go.

Blind_Io

Thanks to its European-tuned suspension and 16 inch alloy wheels it provides more "spirited driving response". New wheels, large rear spoiler, High intensity discharge (HID) headlamps and foglamps set apart the Prius Touring edition.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And nice to see those massive "HYBRID!!!1" badges on the side that Toyota thoughtfully added last year, just in case you had it mistaken for a car that's actually interesting.

SO its basically the Euro version?
I can't believe there is NOTHING more fuel economical in the USA, do you have no microcars or diesels superminis at all?

peter3hg2 said:
I can't believe there is NOTHING more fuel economical in the USA, do you have no microcars or diesels superminis at all?

Smallest car right now is the Toyota Yaris or Honda Fit (Jazz).

ahaha euro tune suspension ahahahahah provides a more spirited driving response with 16" alloys AHAHAHAH wtf

its a prius...it doesnt need tuned suspensions -____-

jayhawk said:
peter3hg2 said:

But do they sell or the dealers have them there just to fill up the showroom?

finally a touring version of the prius , Damn have I been waiting for this moment!
I was going to give up and take a MB E63 amg T-modell instead but the tuned supsension on this new prius should kick ass on the Ring!
:twisted:

peter3hg2 said:

It's not the most economical. That title belongs to the Honda Insight, which is basically a tiny two seater Prius (I have heard it it does drive a lot better than the Prius, though, and it's highway mileage is better than the city mileage, which tells you that Honda did an awesome job with aerodynamics and rolling resistance.)

As for the Honda Fit (the Jazz to the rest of the world), and the Yaris and such, I've heard they are selling quite well, and I certainly see plenty around. They aren't really micro or superminis though. As the editor of Car and Driver pointed out recently, they are as big as the Civic was when if first came out. They are the same size as the small cars were before corporate pressures made them move upmarket.

http://www.caranddriver.com/columns...minicars-i-dont-see-no-stinking-minicars.html

:lol: They'll chuck the word "European" at anything these days :roll:

What a joke :thumbsdown:

-Cpt. J.- said:
jayhawk said:
peter3hg2 said:

But do they sell or the dealers have them there just to fill up the showroom?

I actually see quite a few of the Honda Fit on the road out here in Hippy Dippy California.

What is the plural for "Fit" anyway? Is it like "Moose" where the plural is "Moose?" or is it more like "Lexus" where the plural would be "Lexi?"

Honda Fits? Sounds like a kid having a temper tantrum. Why to the marketing guys never consider that?

There is one and only one reason why Europeans are driving around in the microcars and small diesel vehicles, fuel price. You may tell yourself you are doing it because of the environment or some other bullshit answer like that but in the end it's really about the money.

And remeber that the United States invented evironmentalism. By the time the Europeans caught on it was already too late. You complain about the environmental policies in the US but remeber that Europe used to have many more species and much more forest.

Un-Dee said:
I'm tired of this.

Seriously, shut up. Go play elsewhere.

lol, you talking to me? ;)

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
:lol: They'll chuck the word "European" at anything these days :roll:

What a joke :thumbsdown:

10 years ago, they would've stuck "american" on the sides to get it sold

:lol: And Toyota believe there are people out there holding off on buying a Prius because it's not sporty enough?? Give me a break.

I would consider owning a hybrid if the cost of purchase was closer to that of a traditional powertrain, if it actually got the milage they claim, and if the perfomance and reliability was similar to a gasoline engine.

As you can see from my avatar, I really like the FJ Cruiser and if it were offered as a hybrid I might consider it. I would need to have some assurances that the electrical systems could withstand severe offroad abuse, dust, vibration, water, mud, and other potential problems.

So a hybrid would have to pass that torture test, offer similar or better performance, and be close enough in price to justify the new system

Short answer: "No"
Long answer: "Yes" with a "but"

i just saw a prius pulling into the supermarket's parking lot minutes ago...and it was guzzling gas. now where's the point of a hybrid if it needs gas to navigate a parking lot? :D

It will be some time before a hybrid system can stand up to that kind of abuse. And other factors such as weight make it perhaps less ideal for offroad use. If you are going for the environmental factor then the large amounts of toxic chemicals and metals used in the batteries kind of offset that.