Prius, Toyota's next brand

HEY LOOK AT ME! I'M DRIVING A HYBRID! I'M BETTER THAN YOU!

OK seriously... I saw a Prius today (they are rather rare around these parts), and I wanted to get out of my car (at 75mph) and choke a bitch. She had a bumper sticker at the top of the trunk/boot, and since those cars have big asses it's right in the line of site... I think they did that on purpose.

This bumper sticker said:

"Global Warming: The REAL WMD!

http://img91.imageshack.**/img91/561/hahanohb6.gif

I wish I would have thought of it at the time, but I should have pulled out my laptop (I was riding shotgun) and typed out "Just for you I'm going to take the 10 gallons* of oil I just pulled from the truck and burn it for ... no reason." http://img91.imageshack.**/img91/8688/fawkdancebn4.gif

*Yes, ten gallons, it's a 850 cubic Inch (13.5liters!) Turbo Diesel engine, it makes 350hp. Mother earth can kiss my ass!

Last edited:
We could all start using the Maddox approach:

http://img170.imageshack.**/img170/3043/bigpot6uq9.jpg

Just substitute "gall of fuel" for "animal" and "burn" for "eat". :p

I think ur all missing the point. And im not just saying that cuz im a Toyota employee. It is an amazing car and it deserves all he credit it gets. I don't see any other car makers actively producing hybrids and other alternitive fueled cars (accept honda i just realised). Props to Toyota for giving it a good solid go says I

Amazing..? Sorry, on paper it does appear so, but in the real world, it's not even close.

Im not even gonna bother arguing with that. Just as a show of hands though, how many people have actually driven/owned/had hands on contact with a prius or any current hybrid?

How exactly is it amazing? It still consumes the world. Every produced Prius, every travelled kilometer. The most eco friendly car is the one they never made.

Prius is not economical, a diesel car of same size gets more MPGs.
Making it causes pollution, like any other car.

Hybrids are not the future. And no, it doesn't deserve the credits it gets. It is over hyped. Unfortunately this world is full of morons who eat up everything clever marketing can convince them to believe in.

I will be impressed when Toyota comes up with a car that runs on fart power and urin.
Otherwise it's the same shit in new color. Prius only does one thing well. It shows that humans are genuinely concerned about Global warming. Other than that, its nothing more than Toyotas biggest marketing trick.

Have you ever seen an actor or a singer going to the Oscars, GoldenGlobe... or some MTV show in a Prius? I haven't. Celebrities use Toyota to make themselves look cool, nice and all to the crowd.
There are allready Hybrid SUVs... that prooves to anyone with half a brain that Hybrids are not here to save the world. They are here so we think they are trying to save the world. Its notming more than a scam.

Last edited:
Look, the problem people have with the Prius isn't the car itself, but rather the driver.

They're like those people who buy used 3-series BMWs and drive around going "I've got a BMW! I'm richer than you!"

People who own a Prius drive around saying "I've got a hybrid! I'm greener than you!" You know, shove it in your face and all that and hope to pick up some tree hugging hippie slut.

By all means this is a smart move by Toyota, but for the rest of us, it's just going to be a parade of Hollywood celebs and fake greens prancing about celebrating the cult of Global Warming and the hybrid.

And perhaps if you opened your eyes a bit you'd realise that General Motors (who Toyota seems to be emulating somewhat) already has hydrogen fuel cell cars being tested, not to mention their Volt concept which is nothing short of brilliant. Not that anyone seems to care, because Toyota is the 'green' company and GM is the devil...

YF19 is correct, the car is a symptom. We have already discussed-to-death the problems with thy hybrid model. I really don't have a problem with hybrids in general - I sure wouldn't buy one for various practical reasons, but I don't have a problem with them. My problem is with the owner and drivers of the Prius - not hybrids, just the Prius.

I'd rather they put their money into researching genuine alternative technologies, not just putting expensive wasteful systems on an engine to incrase the MPG by 25%. Fuel cell, genuine electric, sails, whatever. Hybrid is just a marketing gimmick.

James May tried the sails and it has its flaws :)

They need to work more toward a plugin able hybrids
saw on the news someone made a prius that ran the first 100 or so miles a day on just electricity then after that went to the electric/fuel system
sure it has to be pluged in at night but who cares
i would say maybe 95% of us could get by on 100miles a day and if not well then it still has gas

I just had an epiphany ...

Everyone keeps going "whats gonna happen with all these hybrids when the batteries go dead?" I know exactly what will happen (in the USA)...

Drag racing. Some will probably try and make the factory design go fast, but I bet most will rip the entire "hybrid synergy drive" and it's batteries out, throw in various v8's and go drag racing. They are light (especially with out the boat anchor batteries) and aerodynamic...

I want to put a real Chrysler 392 Hemi in one with tunnel ram and dual carbs.

Hilborn injection was easier to photoshop though:
http://img402.imageshack.**/img402/3302/priustq4.jpg

I think ur all missing the point. And im not just saying that cuz im a Toyota employee. It is an amazing car and it deserves all he credit it gets. I don't see any other car makers actively producing hybrids and other alternitive fueled cars (accept honda i just realised). Props to Toyota for giving it a good solid go says I

It's the owners/drivers as a few others have said.

I think Toyota should sort out their quality issues first before they spend money creating another brand.

Im not even gonna bother arguing with that. Just as a show of hands though, how many people have actually driven/owned/had hands on contact with a prius or any current hybrid?

I have been in or driven most of the hybrids except for the Lexus hybrids.

Not really that impressive sorry. I have even worked on some first generation Prisuessss.

The real question is will this be a success? You bet it will be. I just wish we had as bright managers running British Industry.

As much as many of you hate the Prius it is the first step towards a car producing zero emissions. You can say what you will about it not working but you need to at least admit it has broken the ice for "green" cars. Toyota's idea was how to compromise in selling the Prius instead of complex equipment or additional work for the owner. The thing about the hybrids is it uses proven technologies that has already been applied in several applications so new owners don't have that extra worry of it truly being a disaster. Really the Prius' success paves the way for other manufacturers to challenge the hybrid design for the more green car. Green sells, thats the only thing a auto company needs to invest into the technology. Today with gas prices at a level where many consumers think the oil companies are price gouging, auto companies who don't take advantage of this already lost these angry customers.

^
Dude, we're not hating on Toyota or the Prius. If anything we're giving them props as this move is a pretty darn good one.

We're hating on the ass bites that drive the Prius.

GOOD FOR YOU!:thumbsup:

THANKS!^_^ *fart**sniff* ahhh...

I'd rather they put their money into researching genuine alternative technologies, not just putting expensive wasteful systems on an engine to incrase the MPG by 25%. Fuel cell, genuine electric, sails, whatever. Hybrid is just a marketing gimmick.

My feelings exactly... has anyone here seen 'Who Killed The Electric Car?'. A pretty powerful doco..

My dad owns a Prius and i hate the thing with a passion.. it simply doesn't support my 6'5 | 120 kg dimensions... and has NO SOUL... it is his favourite gadget of all time though. :blink:

It's obvious we've scared this one off, but I had to comment on this:

I drove one with a buddy of mine who was test driving it as a gift for his parents. It was awful. The mileage wasn't what was advertised, but instead it was similar to what everyone else says it gets (40mpg-ish, not 60). The interior was cheap and boring and the gearbox was stupid. If the car cost less, I could let the interior cheapness and blandness go... but for what it cost, it was a factor.

But also, this car was in the "White and Nerdy" video... and who wants to be associated with a stereotype like that??

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw[/YOUTUBE]

Was that Donnie Osmond dancing around like an idiot?