Private Plates

From a NASIOC poster...from what I can tell these are his plates...payed for and everything.

I'm sure most of you know what it's about. This plate is full of win.

http://img117.imageshack.**/img117/619/setrhwsdagfhdl9.jpg

/thread :mrgreen:

I quite like the idea of vanity plates. There are quite limited possibilities to create your own plate in PL. You don't have the influence on the first two letters/numbers. Then you can only choose from 3 up to 5 letters. It costs around $400. If you sell your car, you loose your plate and it can't be reused on another car.

Some examples
w0gt2.jpg

w4xxxx.jpg

s1iiiii.jpg

d0ooom6.jpg

From a NASIOC poster...from what I can tell these are his plates...payed for and everything.

I'm sure most of you know what it's about. This plate is full of win.

/thread :mrgreen:

I read somewhere that one of the guys who runs CollegeHumor got that as his plate. Dunno how true it is though.

I read somewhere that one of the guys who runs CollegeHumor got that as his plate. Dunno how true it is though.
Yeah, after looking just after posting, not sure what the true owner might be :?

*edit*

I guess it's some random college guy from here. Still win nonetheless :D

Last edited:
Here are a few from the SVT forum I frequent.

MPORTKLR.jpg

taillightsingarage-1.jpg

1262586720_l.jpg

IMG_4481.jpg

license.jpg

10.jpg

And my favorite:
cobra_001.jpg

Most of the cars posted are at least 450hp to the wheels, with some running 600+

I don't get #1 and 3, care to elaborate?

Import killer
No excuses

I thought it said NO XOSES with some bird crap on the Q. :p

Didn't some sad person spend 440,000? on a vanity plate with "F1" for his McLaren SLR?

Dumbass... He could have bought a whole new McLaren for that kind of money.
Over here the vanity plates are expensive but not THAT expensive.

Plus you always have to end up with letter/letter/letter - number/number/number which means you can't really do cool combinations...

If you mean the McLaren F1, they don't make them anymore, so you can't have it new. ;)

Also, apparently this Veyron has the most expensive plates ever.

Dumbass... He could have bought a whole new McLaren for that kind of money.

Forget the DMV, how's he going to get that past everyone else?

It's incentive to drive even faster when running away. :lol:

I remember the F1 license plate.. think Ecclestone himself tried to get it previously but didn't make the reserve price on the auction? I suppose that if the guy can afford a McMerc SLR, the price of the plate must be chump change to him in order to have an even more unique SLR.

I think spending cash on personalized plates is kinda lame; you're just throwing more money towards your licensing/insuring bureau. If you're an asshat driver, it makes it easier to identify your vehicle when it comes time for some vigilante justice.
Unless it serves a purpose... I'm thinking something like "80BO8B" or "1l51S5l", something hard to distinguish.

^ You do not think like that when the wife says look what I just found. ... and see my previous post! NEVER EVER Upset the Mrs unnecessarily, cost me 500 GBP and worth every penny. Tip for the day!

Here in canada we can only get 6 number/letters on our cuztom plates. Versus the 7 in the US.... there are so many better things with 7.

I've always though 1337 HX would be a good plate. or eatp00...

My cameraphone sucks, but this Jetta had a plate that read SNOTFACE. Driven by a cute girl, too.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/12/SNOTFACE_000.jpg

Ford GT I saw at a rest area (Indian Castle, to be specific) on the NY State Thruway. It couldn't have looked any more out of place than an Amphicar on the moon.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/12/SPA0656_000.jpg

And lastly, my favorite...the guy lives near me. I didn't even know you could fit 8 letters on an NY plate, but this guy was 1337 to pull it off.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/12/SPA0519.jpg

^^^

Some good ones there mate!

Here's mine

C6VRG

C=Corrado
6=6 Cyclinder
VRG=VR6

009-1.jpg

DSC00550.jpg