Private Plates

I'll bring this back up because I'm sure more of us have vanity/private plates!

4125093319_e17dc03211_b.jpg

Yes, this is my car :)

Yes, for the person who gave me +rep in the "Where do you mount your plate?" poll (that is now gone), that is my actual plate. It's listed on the vehicle registration.

I'll bring this back up because I'm sure more of us have vanity/private plates!

4125093319_e17dc03211_b.jpg

Yes, this is my car :)

Yes, for the person who gave me +rep in the "Where do you mount your plate?" poll (that is now gone), that is my actual plate. It's listed on the vehicle registration.

Whoa, epic bump man! :mrgreen:

Oh well, since I'm here, I've got a plate on my bike that says

BJ - 047 - ED

BJ is for the town I'm from, 47 is my nick, and ED is for Edmundo, my other nick.
Croatian plates are like that, but if you want 'special' numbers and the last two letters, you have to pay extra.
And if you want just letters, you have to pay even more!
And I didn't want to pay more. Besides, it looks like any other plate here, just has meaning for me :)

The car has a normal plate BJ - 704 - EM
:)

The funniest one I seen:
FORMAT C

One of the kids in my autoclub has SAABARU, you can guess the car :D

I've been thinking of getting "SPACESHIP" or "SPCSHIP" for myself because that's what my friends call my car. They all run 240s so the amount of buttons and red LEDs makes them giddy :D

^^ Are you a construction worker? because it looks like you accidentally unearthed this thread from a shallow grave. :tease:

Nah, I've just had it beaten into me at NASIOC to search before you post.

I was driving along the other day when I saw the car in front of me had private plates with "OVER 9000" on them. I laughed, then almost swerved off the road.

Texas just brought back the white-on-black plates - but we're still limited to six characters.

PLPA001

http://www.myplates.com/Design/PLPA201

Regular plates are now seven characters, so it won't be too much longer until I can get "SPECTRE" as a vanity plate. :D

Last edited:
Saw a Peugeot 206 today with the plate 'YAY 2'. I'm not sure what to think.

Texas just brought back the white-on-black plates - but we're still limited to six characters.

Limited, right :rolleyes:

We get 4 characters, max.

Limited, right :rolleyes:

We get 4 characters, max.

Since when are there more than 1.67 million roadgoing vehicles in Wyoming? You don't need 5 characters. :p (That's probably the justification they use there.)

Since when are there more than 1.67 million roadgoing vehicles in Wyoming? You don't need 5 characters. :p (That's probably the justification they use there.)

And I suppose Texas has 2.1 billion cars?

We're limited to 4 characters for custom plates. For standard plates, we now have 5 numbers (and a lot of annoyed people) because for the new plate designs this year they decided to do away with alphanumeric plates and use only numbers, so every standard license plate has 5 numbers now instead of two numbers and two letters.

PLPA001

http://www.myplates.com/Design/PLPA201

Regular plates are now seven characters, so it won't be too much longer until I can get "SPECTRE" as a vanity plate. :D
That plate is lovely!

I really hate the new Texas plates. They're turquoise. Do not want.

ummm....we can't get personalized plates here. If i could get GAASC i would

I want to get personalized plates for my Audi, but I can't think of anything good. Indiana gives you eight spaces to work with which you would think would make this easier for me, but evidently I'm not that creative.

All I can come up with:
ARSCHLCH - abbreviated spelling of a German profanity
POORSCHE - not my idea, but I really like it
SCHEI3E - more German profanity

I just thought of another plate for my mitsu : ONFIRE

I want to get personalized plates for my Audi, but I can't think of anything good. Indiana gives you eight spaces to work with which you would think would make this easier for me, but evidently I'm not that creative.

All I can come up with:
ARSCHLCH - abbreviated spelling of a German profanity
POORSCHE - not my idea, but I really like it
SCHEI3E - more German profanity

PNZRWAGN :D