Private Plates

It's AAA baseball, I don't think anyone actually needs to be told.

I've had BOFH for over a decade:

bofh_evolution.sized.jpg

I'm sort of tired of it (was SYSOP before BOFH). But I haven't come up with anything I like better. NUGGET is taken here.

Was thinking of NUGGT3, or GTWHEE but I dunno.

Saw this the other day, made me laugh.

IMG_0072-1.jpg

Here are my vanity plates:

Vanagon:
DSCF6583-1.jpg

And the good old KUNGPOW plates which were on this car:
DSCF6890-1.jpg

and this car:
DSCF6992-1.jpg

and this car:
DSCF7401.jpg

and finally this car:
DSCF8203.jpg

I was going to put DASBOOT on the Benz but they won't let me for some reason...

Saw this at the gym today. Why would you advertise this?:lol:

IMG_0076.jpg

I saw another good one the other day:

SWTYPNS

I can only assume...

Found this on the freeway.

IMG_8338.jpg

Heres mine & my fianc? number plates on our 910 bluebirds :)

Mine:
gm1795.jpg

His:
gm1828.jpg

(Thread necro ftw)

I noticed that "MIATA" and "MOMO" are available here in SA. I've been considering if I should get one of them..

"Momo" is a shortened slang term that means "Devout Mormon". You might not want that one.

With "Momo" most car people will think you're referring to the steering wheel maker. "Miata" confuses me as to why you'd want it. Don't you already have a badge on the back that says that?

Here's mine for the Saab:
549570_969145053394_1302327_39886243_2025812341_n.jpg
Self-explanatory, I think.

For the MR2:
270510_789920101634_1302327_38762763_6779584_n.jpg
My college's major rival was UNC. Now say the letters of my plate individually.

Last edited:
If I ever get a large SUV, I'm going to get FKALGOR.

(Thread necro ftw)

I noticed that "MIATA" and "MOMO" are available here in SA. I've been considering if I should get one of them..

To my mind there is nothing sadder than getting a vanity plate with the make or model of your car on it, sorry. Every other X5 I see here has a plate that starts with X5......

Or to put it another way "Yes, dickhead, we know what it is since it came out of the factory with its name already tattooed on it's arse."

Plus since AFAIK the MX5 was never sold in Australia as the Miata all you are going to do is have people scratching their heads wondering what the fuck it means.

Not much freedom for Numberplates in Germany - so I just look that all of my cars have "1337" on the Plate...

If I get the XK8/R I'm thinking about I could get the plate "BYFORD"

To my mind there is nothing sadder than getting a vanity plate with the make or model of your car on it, sorry. Every other X5 I see here has a plate that starts with X5......

Or to put it another way "Yes, dickhead, we know what it is since it came out of the factory with its name already tattooed on it's arse."

Plus since AFAIK the MX5 was never sold in Australia as the Miata all you are going to do is have people scratching their heads wondering what the fuck it means.

I think one exception to this would be on an older car that's got at least some validity as a classic. For example, (not that I have this plate, someone else does) '87 XJ6' would be acceptable on my Series III, because unless you know what to look for you can't tell what year it is. Likewise, if you had a '63 E-Type, '63 XKE' works. There was a guy running around in a model T, and he had a plate that said '1920 T'. That sort of thing is acceptable, IMHO.

I saw an Eagle Talon the other day, or it could have been a Mitsubishi Eclipse, same difference, with the custom plate 1FSTPOS.

Made me laugh and I'm bummed I didn't get a photo, but screwing with my phone while driving isn't a habit I want to get into.

I agree. Was following a car yesterday (driving means lack of photo, sorry) with the plate M3 RC. 'Tosser', I thought. Then I noticed the car was an Audi :rofl: :blush:

Dammit, now I want to change my Saab's plates to "BORK JA".