http://img434.imageshack.**/img434/3127/rbmustang13oi.jpg

http://img434.imageshack.**/img434/7831/rbmustang25ry.jpg

http://img434.imageshack.**/img434/9589/rbmustang32vm.jpg

http://img306.imageshack.**/img306/2352/rbmustang42iy.jpg

RB26 Powered Mustang - Sacrilege or ?

WTF??? :x and a fart can too :cry:

Somewhere out there, Carroll Shelby is crying. :cry:

Nelis said:
bluh, the best japanese engine, in one of the oldest usa has to offer... I do like the styling of a mustang but it just has to have a big block v8 in it. :roll:

I agree....sweet engine...wrong chasis!

That is not right in anyway, they should die. :thumbsdown:

There's two different cars there. The first one is the stunt car, it has no hood and it's bashed to hell.

The second one is the poor, poor Mustang with the ricer fart can.

I mean, come on. They didn't even put in the effort to put proper Thunderbird taillights on the Mustang like the real Shelbys did. In true ricer fashion, they thought, "Oh, we'll just put the Shelby stripes and a fake rear filler cap on it. Now everybody will think our regular Mustang is a Shelby!" Come on.

Oh, not to mention a 428CJ will easily make more power than a RB ever will. But hey, they have to pander to the fanboys.

Edit: Hell, they could have just dropped this in. 625HP and 600lb-ft, straight from Ford with a warranty. http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=6188

No they couldn't, because it is Fast and Furious. Which means, domestics suck.

In the first movie I liked how a Lightning was the parts truck in a couple scenes - its like, "you know your parts truck can beat your racing Civic, right?" :lol:

gtrietsc said:
No they couldn't, because it is Fast and Furious. Which means, domestics suck.

In the first movie I liked how a Lightning was the parts truck in a couple scenes - its like, "you know your parts truck can beat your racing Civic, right?" :lol:

I thought that too...

and in the 2nd one the Cobra R and the Viper loose pretty badly in that highway race :thumbsdown:

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Oh, not to mention a 428CJ will easily make more power than a RB ever will. But hey, they have to pander to the fanboys.

at stock the RB will probably be less powerfull but as soon as the engine is tuned it can chunk out a lot more HP then a big block will when it's tuned for the same amount of money.

^ :lmao:

A 428CJ makes ~410HP bone stock. The RB26DETT makes only ~280HP. So, you have to spend $$ on the RB to even get it to catch up with the 428.

The RB26's stock bottom end can hold about 480-500 HP, at which point the internals need to be replaced. You also need to replace the tubo(s) to reach those numbers.
The 428CJ's stock bottom end will hold up past 650-700HP in a FI setup.

No matter how you cut it, you need to spend more money on the RB, and sooner.

(BTW, if you want to go fast for really cheap, 5.0L Ford engines are the way to go.)

BerserkerCatSplat said:
I mean, come on. They didn't even put in the effort to put proper Thunderbird taillights on the Mustang like the real Shelbys did.

If memory serve me correctly (and admittedly it always doesn't) but didn't the GT-500 (and 350) have the tail lights of the Cougar? (I think "eleanor" had thunderbird lights but still...)

^^ and Chevy 350s ;)

mmap said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:
I mean, come on. They didn't even put in the effort to put proper Thunderbird taillights on the Mustang like the real Shelbys did.

If memory serve me correctly (and admittedly it always doesn't) but didn't the GT-500 (and 350) have the tail lights of the Cougar? (I think "eleanor" had thunderbird lights but still...)

We're actually both correct! Cougars used the Thunderbird tails as well, the 3 cars just used different light covers. The tails were last used on the Tbird in 1966. They were adapted for use in the Cougar, which used them from 1967 until 1970. Shelby used standard Mustang tails in 1965-66, but adopted the Tbird/Cougar tails in 1967, using the 1965 version of the Thunderbird tails. Thunderbird tail use ended in 1970.

Cougar:
merc6801a.JPG

Thunderbird:
774171.jpeg

Shelby:
1967-Shelby-GT500-428.jpg

The rice-ified Mustang looks to be a 1968 fastback that's been fitted with Shelby scoops and stripes.

Mischief007 said:
^^ and Chevy 350s ;)

That's also very true! 350's are a hotrodding mainstay!

if the mustang had the engine out of the RS4 in it, the differential out of the F430 and the suspenion of some awesome car, then it would be the best car in the world.

ish

I think the RB26 is the greatest engine ever built, I really do. It's practically bullet proof and is good for 1000+hp easily ...

I think the Fastback is probably the best looking car ever built.

The two together is just wrong.

Although as I read somewhere else,

"Speed knows no make, model, year or country of origin.."

i think you're all missing the details, there is an XB involved! :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :yucky: