• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Problem with [05x05]

Polizei

Hi,

I'm having a real problem with this episode (nov 21 05).

I have played all other episodes I have in Winamp with no troubles.

I'm getting no audio or video.

Here is a screen shot of Gspot.

Thanks for your help guys!

screen.jpg

Thanks for the tips guys. Latest xvid didn't do anything but VLC plays the file. I'm happy because I never saw this episode.

Now the problem I have is that NeroVision Express still won't recognize the file so I can't put it to DVD. Any ideas there?

ffdshow with the video for windows drivers option checked could work... (install with all the "vfw" options on...)

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

You actually need to get the vid working in a player that uses direct show, since Nero accesses it that way, I think...
If not, you could open it in Virtual Dub and recompress it with a really high bitrate in the same resolution to proper Xvid or go to mpeg2 right away... That should work for sure... (maybe as a first try in that direction, simply put audio and video on direct stream copy, as it could maybe work as well and only takes a minute or two... If you don't have any idea what I'm on about... Then sorry...)

Buba

Long time since this post but I finally got around to fixing this problem. Thanks for your suggestions Buba.

I installed virtual dub. When I try to open the file I am having problems with I get the error message: "Couldn't locate a decompressor for format 'xvid' (unknown). Virtualdub requires a video for windows compatible codec to decompress video. Directshow codecs such as those used by windows media player, are not suitable."

Maybe this narrows down the problem a bit. I have just installed the latest xvid codec.

It baffles me that nobody else has had this problem.

Thanks for your help!

Same problem with "Top Gear - 2004.11.21.avi"

Same problem with "Top Gear - 2004.11.21.avi"

Thanks !!!!, solution... install the VLC Player, I use the Crytal Player, every time works perfect but this one only can be played with the VLC, don't know why but it works ;) I also have problems with the audio of the ep. Top Gear - 2004.12.05.avi, now it works too !!!

thats weird...when i downloaded 05x05 ir worked flawlessly. but now i wanted to watch it again and at first i was missing the picture in MPC and the sound in VLC. then i got the ffdshow as buba suggested and now i had the picture upside down in MPC...

i'm now converting it via virtualdub... :?