Problem with browsers after removing spyware

vyllu

Well the problem is this:
Yesterday I got an issue with Antivirus pro 2008 popping up so I removed it and several other threats using Spyware Doctor. During the removal my computer crashed and when i started it up again it seemed to be running fine and none of the removed files were present.

So today when I start up the internet for the first time my Firefox can't connect to my front page and also doesn't find some forums and blogs I visit. I tried it out with some random sites as well and it just seems to block random sites I haven't visited before like majorgeeks.com. It let's me open google but not search anything in it. And the same thing is with IE.

Oh and it also turns off WindowsUpdate. Yet Avira AntiVir, Ad-Aware SE, XoftSpy SE and the Spyware Doctor don't seem to find anything wrong.

Any ideas?

Remember this for future spyware removal too:

mmm

Try starting in Safe Mode and scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D.

All virus scans/spyware scans/adware scans etc, should be done under safe mode with no networking.

This prevents the errant files from re-downloading themselves or starting up since safe mode shuts off most of the unnecessary services.

Make sure you don't have a browser helper object preventing your browsers from properly functioning. To find out you can download a program called BHOdemon. If all else fails, try system restoring to an earlier period before you had the spyware, and if that fails....

Reformat