Problem with Test Drive Unlimited

M///Power

Car(s)
E36 M3
I just got Test Drive Unlimited and installed it and I have a problem :cry:

I`m runnig vista 64bit with a quad core q6600, 4 gig of ram and a 8800gt but the game keeps freezing. Every 40-80 secs the game freezes for about 4 secs and them my screen starts looking for imputs and it goes back to the game. The car is then in a tree, as the game seems to continue.

All other games are running fine. Why not this?

Latest nVidia drivers?

No. But when i try to update them, when I restart my comupter all it loads up to the vista loading bar thing then the screen goes black. So I need to start up in safe mode and do a system restore. Why is that?

Try underclocking your card by a small amount (<50mhz) on the memory clock and core clock. It won't make any noticeable difference performance wise but should stop this.

Are you trying latest nvidia stable drivers or beta drivers?

I had 4 second freeze problem on TDU for a long time but I was using the latest stable driver (dec 07 release). I updated to the latest version 174 beta drivers and it doesnt have any problem any more.

E4500
8800gt
4gb ram
Vista x86
nvidia 174 beta

Have you looked online about 64bit vista with TDU? I tried 64bit vista but it had a huge compatibility issue with my promise ultra133tx so I went with 32bit instead.

17...4? kept crashing TF2 for me. I run 171.

I haven't tried TF2 actually. Let me load it up now, I'll report back in a few minutes.

I just played for about 10 mins as a sniper on 2fort. I got about 45FPS during action and didn't crash....

Nvidia foreware 174.74

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_174.74.html

Last edited:
Maybe it was 173. I dunno.

Have you looked online about 64bit vista with TDU? I tried 64bit vista but it had a huge compatibility issue with my promise ultra133tx so I went with 32bit instead.

I'd look into this too. It was the first thing that came to my mind when you said you were running 64-bit Vista.