Prodrive Aston Martin V8 Vantage

i'm with the other 2 on the girlie aspect. mind you it's still gorgeous! but i definatly couldn't live with the exposed carbon fiber, it just seems out of place on a car that's supposed to be sensuous. exposed carbon makes it too tunerish, just paint match the carbon, and i'll appreciate it more. I mean if you're going to do exposed carbon, make sure the whole car is made of it first, and just show the whole car in it's bare form. Leaving it as it is would be just like the Z06 having exposed carbon fiber wings not matching up with the paint on the rest of the car.

May I ask what you feel is boring about it?
Its a car for people that want to be seen in an Aston. The prodrive is for people who realize that they got shortchanged when they bought the Vantage. Not sure what they'll do when they realize that another 45hp didnt do anything to the acceleration times

Aston already made claims of 0-60 times in 4.8 seconds

Its a car for people that want to be seen in an Aston. The prodrive is for people who realize that they got shortchanged when they bought the Vantage. Not sure what they'll do when they realize that another 45hp didnt do anything to the acceleration times

But still, how is it boring? Should be reasonably fast and you could have some fun.

But still, how is it boring? Should be reasonably fast and you could have some fun.
ok, here is a Aston Martin Vantage:

http://img85.imageshack.**/img85/2087/08wk5.jpg

and here is another:

http://img152.imageshack.**/img152/8658/96831227332no6.jpg

You can just look at these and see the difference between them and the new one. The new one looks nice, but far from powerful and vicious-looking like past Vantages.

Perfectly all right for Aston to make a good looking car, but its just a scaled down Vanquish. The Vanquish was an amazing looking piece of machinery in real life, the last really unique looking Aston.

Aston Martin claims that the new Vantage is every bit as good as a 911. But if its as good as a 911, why does it cost atleast $30,000 USD more? And besides, according to everything that ive read, the 911 is still a better car to drive.

These are reasons why the new V8 Vantage annoys the hell out of me. But the main reason is this: the Jaguar XK. The XK and Vantage are very similar cars. They've got similar engines (the Vantage has a 4.3L V8 version of the Jag 4.2) and they are on the same platform. Personally, i think the XK looks about 5 times better than the Vantage and just looks so much more special. The Vantage costs 40% more than the XK does, you can get more power from the XKR than the Vantage and still save $25,000.
So how do you make it so the XK/XKR is different from the Vantage? You give the Vantage a manual and the Jag gets the short end of the stick (or lack of, hehe).

So what is the V8 Vantage to me? A more mainstream Aston Martin that doesnt have the presence of any of the past Astons , the beauty of the DB7 or even the current XK, styling that makes each Aston model look unique, and apparently it isnt as good of a sports car as its competitors. Its an XK with a shrunken Vanquish body and a price hike. And on top of that, it takes away what would make the XK/XKR perfect in my eyes, a manual transmission.
It's utterly worthless

and here is another:

You can just look at these and see the difference between them and the new one. The new one looks nice, but far from powerful and vicious-looking like past Vantages.

Perfectly all right for Aston to make a good looking car, but its just a scaled down Vanquish. The Vanquish was an amazing looking piece of machinery in real life, the last really unique looking Aston.

Aston Martin claims that the new Vantage is every bit as good as a 911. But if its as good as a 911, why does it cost atleast $30,000 USD more? And besides, according to everything that ive read, the 911 is still a better car to drive.

These are reasons why the new V8 Vantage annoys the hell out of me. But the main reason is this: the Jaguar XK. The XK and Vantage are very similar cars. They've got similar engines (the Vantage has a 4.3L V8 version of the Jag 4.2) and they are on the same platform. Personally, i think the XK looks about 5 times better than the Vantage and just looks so much more special. The Vantage costs 40% more than the XK does, you can get more power from the XKR than the Vantage and still save $25,000.
So how do you make it so the XK/XKR is different from the Vantage? You give the Vantage a manual and the Jag gets the short end of the stick (or lack of, hehe).

So what is the V8 Vantage to me? A more mainstream Aston Martin that doesnt have the presence of any of the past Astons , the beauty of the DB7 or even the current XK, styling that makes each Aston model look unique, and apparently it isnt as good of a sports car as its competitors. Its an XK with a shrunken Vanquish body and a price hike. And on top of that, it takes away what would make the XK/XKR perfect in my eyes, a manual transmission.
It's utterly worthless

:woot: now THOSE are astons, big an butch i'd have those over the new vantage and even a DB9 the orig. V8 and the virage are on my top 15 list( top 15 only cuz the virage is #11)

most people would probably remember that as James Bond's Aston in the living daylights "I've had a few optional extras installed" then out pops the missiles, classic

patrick10 says:
LMAO

did anyone else almost miss this?

^ i know i did

This car would be nice with an LS7. Yeah, it wouldn't sound as good, but damn it would be quick.

most people would probably remember that as James Bond's Aston in the living daylights "I've had a few optional extras installed" then out pops the missiles, classic
After first seeing The Living Daylights when I was just a wee lad, the Vantage Volante was and still is one of my favorite cars of all time...okay somewhere in the 10. I was never really a big fan of the Virage...maybe it will grow on as time goes by.

But this thing is just tits in my book...
2123-1.jpg

Do you know what that colour is called? It's intriguing.

:drool:

Frankly, that kind of irritates me too; it's a great design Mr. Callum, but isn't it time to move on? I'm sure he has even more brilliant designs floating in his head somewhere. (If not, I could give it a shot!)

It may be a copied form, but at least it's gorgeous. Could be worse...

Porsche has experience in this segment, considering they've pretty much defined it: they've built the 911 since the Renaissance so they know what they're doing. Aston has been struggling in and out for most of its existence and hasn't continued developing the Vantage for 6 trillion years (give or take).

The Jag will always be more common; hundreds of thousands will fly off the assembly line over a long lifespan, while the Aston will be even more special and bespoke. There will always be those who will want something even more rare and will be willing to pay through the nose for it. See the Ferrari P4/5 for more details.

Jag vs. Aston is the difference between enjoying a filet mignon at TGI Friday's and enjoying a filet mignon that's been specially prepared by a celebrity chef at his personal restaurant. Both high-class, but one's more special, and that's the way some people like it. And they'll gladly show that with their wallets.

It's utterly worthless
There are worse automotive travesties than copying a DB9 and making it smaller. Don't be so unforgiving.

Finally, this car has been given some respectable output figures. Thankyou Prodrive!

I'll have it in black thanks. And with a DB9 thrown in for free too ;)

:drool:

Frankly, that kind of irritates me too; it's a great design Mr. Callum, but isn't it time to move on? I'm sure he has even more brilliant designs floating in his head somewhere. (If not, I could give it a shot!)

It may be a copied form, but at least it's gorgeous. Could be worse...

Porsche has experience in this segment, considering they've pretty much defined it: they've built the 911 since the Renaissance so they know what they're doing. Aston has been struggling in and out for most of its existence and hasn't continued developing the Vantage for 6 trillion years (give or take).

The Jag will always be more common; hundreds of thousands will fly off the assembly line over a long lifespan, while the Aston will be even more special and bespoke. There will always be those who will want something even more rare and will be willing to pay through the nose for it. See the Ferrari P4/5 for more details.

Jag vs. Aston is the difference between enjoying a filet mignon at TGI Friday's and enjoying a filet mignon that's been specially prepared by a celebrity chef at his personal restaurant. Both high-class, but one's more special, and that's the way some people like it. And they'll gladly show that with their wallets.

There are worse automotive travesties than copying a DB9 and making it smaller. Don't be so unforgiving.

I'm just being an asshole because i was expecting so much from Aston when i heard about DB9 and then the Vantage, and i was disappointed to the maximum. They are good looking cars, i'll give em that.

Aston Martin V8 Vantage [ series 2 ][ 1977 ]

Aston Martin Vantage V600 [ 1998 ]

... to be a bit more nerdy. :p

out of all astons... DB9 is the hottest...
2nd comes the new V8 Vantage
just imo...