Production BMW X6 photos (56k not happy)

The worst thing about this car is that they'll sell millions. That badge sells :sad:

Actually it doesn't look that bad. Especially the front is very well designed and it looks like it should.
Yet this will be much more expensive than an X5 and I can't really see myself getting this over X5.

*Waits for MadCow to arrive*

im here:lol:.. and i agree its pointless & stupid, but it does look better than most of its rivals, especially with the aggressive looking front bumper.

IMO Cayenne and the ML class looks 10000000x uglier.

And lets not forget our friendly korean, chinese & american SUVs. im sure they are a thing of beauty.

They'll sell millions...
The worst thing about this car is that they'll sell millions. That badge sells :sad:

pity it doesnt have a mercedes badge on it, it will sell even more.

Sometimes I wonder how such stupid things can actually make it into production.

There is obviously a market for it. Just like there are gulliable tree huggers that will buy the shit prius. And fat business men that finds the R-Class incredilby attractive.

http://img520.imageshack.**/img520/7493/thumb1280x1280211354166rx6.jpg

V.S

porsche_cayenne.jpg

2006%20SUV%20MERCEDES%20ML500.jpg

escalade-esv-girl.jpg

quarter_shot2.jpg

nitro_concept_ftside.jpg

i's rather have the X6. At least it will handle well and have a great engine.

Last edited:
http://img526.imageshack.**/img526/1986/thumb1280x1280211276023hp2.jpg

HAHAHAHA :lol:
Just look at it, it looks all sqashed and comical. I hope I don't hit a tree everytime I see one from all the laughing.

I wait with my comment until I see it on the road.......but I swear it will be driven by rich soccer moms who can?t park for shit.

Seriously, what were they drinking at the board meeting when they came up with this.

"I know, lets make a SUV, but remove all the practicality from it, make it impossible to take off road due to its ridiculously profiled tyres and expensive looking bumpers. It'll still be tall, so no matter how many times we tell people it handles like a sedan, it just plain won't."

Meh, i just don't care about that kind of cars anymore. Same story with the Cayenne, new GLK-thingy and whatnot. If it helps them to develope the next ?ber-saloon or hypercar, why not?

[...]IMO Cayenne and the ML class looks 10000000x uglier.

And lets not forget our friendly korean, chinese & american SUVs. im sure they are a thing of beauty.

I agree, it's the best looking out of those, but maybe not the most practical. :hmm:

I don't think this is gonna sell well, despite of the badge. Just how many people would have THAT over an X5?

Wow putting it next too the cayenne really made it a beauty!

Can we please take the crayons away from the childern at BMW design :bmwpoo:

Yikes, there's a car I'd prefer a Cayenne over :p

Then again, if I wanted such a luxo-SUV, I'd probly go for an Audi Q7, it's less ugly than most of them. Actually, who am I kidding, I'd go a Range Rover :p

I'm going to start thinking of these cars as ways of fast-tracking profits to develop their next high performance car.

Not the best-looking car in the world, but it could be much worst. It looks a lot better than the X5, and as neither are going to be taken off road, it might as well be more "sporty". But then it will never be used to drive fast either, just to shuffle kids to and from school ... pity.

When the hybrid arrives in 2009 I can imagine it filling up the streets of every congested city in the world. Kind of stupid, but you have to respect the guys at BMW who know exactly what the market wants.

kinda like the styling, but i's a useless car. why don't just get a x3 or x5 instead :blink:

It'll still be tall, so no matter how many times we tell people it handles like a sedan, it just plain won't."

Taken that you've never drove a proper posh German SUV before, they handle just like a sedan. JC and Tiff both say that those SUVs handle quite well, with controlled body roll, pretty much like a sedan.

If Tiff can powerslide a X5, im sure it can handle properly. And lets not forget the LeMan X5 BMW made, 700bhp monster thats capable of 200mph.

that rear window reminds me of another epic failure called Audi A2...

Ok, So is this based on the 6-Series, which is based on the 5-series.....or is this a re-bodied X5? :???:

I see no purpose in the line up for this car - But it'll sell, so it shows what I know about selling cars!