Production GT-R SMASHES 'ring record.

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
7:29!! :w00t:

Autocar.co.uk said:
The new Nissan GT-R has smashed the production car lap record at the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn announced that a production version of the GT-R driven by Tochio Suzuki posted a lap time of 7min 29secs during testing last week, nine seconds quicker than the previous test.

Ghosn confirmed that the time means the GT-R, a base-spec Japanese car running with revised chassis settings, has delivered on one of its original design objectives: to be the ?fastest production supercar? in the world.

?This proves that Nissan can compete against anyone,? he said.

The news gives an interesting perspective on unofficial timings of a Skyline GT-R V-Spec prototype caught testing at the Nordschleife, where observers suggested it was lapping in around 7min 25secs. This news means that the production GT-R V-spec is likely to be even quicker than those figures suggest.

Wow, how fast is the V-Spec going to be? I think I hear Porsche weeping in the background...

7:29!! :w00t:

Wow, how fast is the V-Spec going to be? I think I hear Porsche weeping in the background...

or the fanboys masturbating in the corner, one of the two :p

This is what...the fifth "z0mgee GT-R sm4sh3s t3h ring one1111!!1111" thread now?
Maybe, but we obviously need them, as some still say things like:
It's still a Playstation with wheels which sounds like a turbocharged washingmachine.

Well i finally have to admit I am impressed, I had my doubts with the prototypes.

Now time for Porsche to get the record back. Their DSG should be ready soon and that alone should be good for a few seconds a lap, + engines with direct fuel injection and possibly an advanced PASM, I am looking forward to the incarnation of the 911. If they only chose to make a GT3 or even GT2 equivalent Cayman version.

Its nice to see the GTR living up to (some) of the hype.
But can the DSG handle all the power reliably?

I thought the Carrera GT had done a 7:28?

Godd to hear, we all love competition. Still it was a factory car, no mention of the tires and everything else. Said it before in a similar thread, will do again: Until Sport Auto does their Supertest with it, I'll wait with judgement.

I thought the Carrera GT had done a 7:28?

I think the Pagani Zonda F Clubsport did a 7:28 as well, though I don't know if those would count as official times. Or since the Carrera GT is no longer in production and the Zonda F probably doesn't count as a production car, the GTR holds the current production car record.

Either way, it's pretty impressive if it can get that close to the times that a Carrera GT and a Zonda F put down.

The title should be corrected though... The all time lap record of the 'Ring is still 6:11 seconds courtesy of Stefan Bellof in the Porsche 956. The production car record is still the 7:27 held by the Pagani Zonda F. The previous record was a 7:28 held by Walter R?hrl in the Porsche Carrera GT.

Anyway, I'll wait with my judgement untill Sport Auto gets hold of a GT-R to do their Supertest...

But.. but but... It has a Nissan badge! It was done on slicks secretly! They lie about the power! It can't be faster than X Y or Z supercar because they have fancy badges! You couldn't impress women in it! The people that faked the moon landing helped fake the time! Blah blah!

Looking forward to Top Gear getting it to test. :)

So wait, it's the fastest if you don't count a bunch of cars that went faster.

Well then, I plan to set the new lap record by walking. I'm sure no car could beat my potential several hour lap time, especially if I don't count them. :lol:

Godd to hear, we all love competition. Still it was a factory car, no mention of the tires and everything else. Said it before in a similar thread, will do again: Until Sport Auto does their Supertest with it, I'll wait with judgement.
someone on the ring forum already said it perfectly: when Horsti drives the car, it?s still gonna be a second slower than the fastest 911, even if it means he has to park somewhere for 10 seconds :rolleyes:

but you?re absolutely right, records done with factory cars away from the media don?t really count as far as I care...

Wasn't the Zonda F one of the limited clubsport specials? and no worries, video will be up on youtube next week. let's see any pushrod wonder with gazillion horses, 12 feet wide tires and hyper-conducting magnasomething suspension beat that..:p

What? What would you say it is, a one-off prototype? :?

I was under the impression that production meant ~100+ produced/in production. I remember reading something about the Dauer 962 and how it wasn't eligible for being the fastest production car in the world because only a handful were made.
Similarly, only 25 Zonda F's are being made. That 25 includes both the Clubsport and standard F. Let's say that 10 out of the 25 were the Clubsports, when the number of cars made is barely in double digits then I don't know if it would be considered a production car.
It doesn't really make a difference to me, but it might to those who set the criteria for the record.