Production of OLED Displays for Optimus 103 Begins

TechZ

Captain Internet
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Audi TT '08 (Sold) S8 '02 (Sold)
Art Lebedev, a design studio from Russia who develops innovative keyboards with keys that contain displays, said that production of organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screens for the Optimus 103 keyboard had begun and the company will receive them in April, which means that, if there are no production flaws, may allow the firm to produce the highly-anticipated keyboard this year.

2857644775464176.JPG

Production of keys for the Optimus 103 keyboard, which is going to have the majority of keys with built-in OLED screens that change depending on user activity and software, is not easy, as not a lot of manufacturers of OLED screens can produce 9mm x 9mm displays with 65K colours and 32x32 pixels resolution, according to Artemiy Lebedev, the chief of the studio.

Full story: X-Bits lab

Take them long enough....

Last I read was they they won't have colour keys, but only black and white and that its around 1200$...

over the years the hype about this has been going the features have declined and the price has steadily increased.

Last I read was they they won't have colour keys, but only black and white and that its around 1200$...
They went back to color due to numerous complaints.

And yeah, it'll cost a buttload. Not that I blame them -- the parts are damn spendy.

Not sure I'd be too keen on using a $1200 keyboard, not matter how cool it was. Keyboards usually don't get the best treatment.

I'd rather have this Logitech I don't really use hot keys that much anyway:

12248.jpg

Imagine the words that will leave your mouth when spilling coffee on such keyboard. I think they'll be 10 times worse than with a usual keyboard, but then again, that keyboard also costs about 10 times as much. :p

Imagine the words that will leave your mouth when spilling coffee on such keyboard. I think they'll be 10 times worse than with a usual keyboard, but then again, that keyboard also costs about 10 times as much. :p

ahahhaa, good point :D

Yeah, me too, even tough my current one is the cheapest luminous one from ebay.

12248.jpg
Great keyboard from what I hear.

I just have the older Logitech Elite though. Works fine.

12248.jpg

Still debating whether or not to trade in my dirt-cheap but oh-so-nice UltraX for one of these babies. The only things i'm worried about is price and feel compared to the ultra-sleek feel of the laptop keys on my current one.

12248.jpg

That is what I am currently using and I love it, although I admit I would trade it for the Optimus Keyboard in a heartbeat.