Progress on Josty's beetle..

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
First of all, hi to everyone I know from 2 years ago!

Here I am for the interested..probably not many ;)

Anyway, I've been driving the new engine for about 2 months now and like it very much.
It's got load of torque in the lower rpm-region and it will do burnouts in 2nd gear on dry roads (don't start about wet roads and corners in 3rd gear lol.

I will bring it to the dyno soon. I'm expecting around 100bhp. Could be some more, or less. It's not a screamer, 5.500 rpm is more than enough, I usually shift around 4500 (have a limiter now for safety).
Think the nM figure will explain alot more than the bhp.

Will have you updated on the dyno-test! Have some movies on youtube. My username there : ganta21.

Bye,

Jos
hey, here's a guy who cares :D

100 hp sound nice, give me every little detail! Built it yourself? Hope to hear from you bud :cool:

Kip_6666

I Bought This Title :o
Car(s)
Saab 9-3 2.0t @ stage 3 now & Locoblade
Jostie :tease:

Where are you getting it dyno'ed? I'd love to come along and do my car too.

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
Josty! Great to see you drop in - even better to see the bug's still going strong (very strong by the sounds of it).

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
awsome YT vids Jos ;)

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
Hi guys! Brings back good memories posting here in the past!

Haz: didn't build it myself, has been quite a struggle as you might have read.
It's not as fast as it should be, one carb is not fully functional and the timing has expired after 2 weeks, so have to get back to the garage.
Ehm details: Think I posted the specs in a previous post. Fabricated an external oilcooler in the front, and I don't have any further plans with it yet. But I'm already thinking about going faster. I already have an electronic fuelpump so I'm gonna install that.

Kip: Don't know where yet, no hurry have to fix the timing and carb first!

Right now I'm quite pleased, raced a BMW 320 and I won, can keep up with a VTEC honda civic and a Golf TDI with 130 hp is a nice contestor ;)

I still can't get used to the first gear, my brother had a strained neckmussle last week, he didn't expect me to floor it lol, I wonder how long my seats will hold it...

Nice to be back once in a while!

Jos

Kip_6666

I Bought This Title :o
Car(s)
Saab 9-3 2.0t @ stage 3 now & Locoblade
Hi guys! Brings back good memories posting here in the past!

Kip: Don't know where yet, no hurry have to fix the timing and carb first!

Right now I'm quite pleased, raced a BMW 320 and I won, can keep up with a VTEC honda civic and a Golf TDI with 130 hp is a nice contestor ;)
while!

Jos
I'm not in any rush either, need to fix a boost issue myself :/

Send a PM when you've planned something :)

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
Hi Guys,

I jump in every now and then to check for some interesting threads, and download the Top Gear episodes of course! And for the people interested..;)

Engine is running great, but not optimal. It takes me 9secs to go from 0 to 62mp/h/100km/h. Not bad, but should be better.

And I have ordered a tachometer from egauges.com, it's being shipped this weeks.

Check it out, I think it looks good enough to be in my bug, old style and not too big (80mms)

Still haven't been on the dyno yet, because I had to weld, but it's good now.

OH btw, new vids, playing on a wet road with my nephew with a Fiat Marea 2.0 5cyl. 20v.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJKUfGb95HM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7wlcJs2G4E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB9rOLa1uaI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzxgkgw2jzk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFXmwUjs2LQ

Not really going fast or drifting like a maniac but we had fun, before people stopped looking at us, at that time we felt we should leave :p

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
Ugh. I got overtaken by a orange 1500 yesterday while I was out for a country cruise. So I should pretty much hate you! Looks nice though

(I got back to him... V8 power kicks the ass of duga-duga-flat4)

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
HAHA! Looks like you had fun... That one drift was pretty huge! I miss my RWD.

mancs

Car(s)
Lada 2107 (only race), VW Golf MKII
Hi josty, long time no" see" :)

Edit: Oh vids damn nicce sound! I hope this weekend I can make some videos of my self, and I can show you how mine is roaring :)

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
Hey guys, thanks for the comments :)

Yeah the drifting was so much fun, on wet roads I barely have to touch the acceleratorpedal, on dry roads it's possible but I don't want to, need my tires to last ;)

Mancs! Great! I'm looking forward to them! I love your lada, and the work you've put in it, I'll check your thread in a few days! Always nice to see an 'old' car with style!